Jul 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
No, not politically. But from a baseball perspective, most definitely:
Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) smoked the GOP in this year’s congressional baseball game: The former college player pitched a complete game one-hitter, striking out 13, in leading Democrats to a 8-2 victory.
A full story of last Thursday’s Roll Call game can be read here. Photos can be seen here. We don’t have a link to the post-game injury report, because they don’t have enough paper in Washington to list the strained muscles that these geezers probably suffered. Well, except for Richmond anyway, who probably threw his normal side session yesterday.
Word on the street is that the Republicans are trying really hard to get Randy Johnson to run for Congress.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)