Jul 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
No, not politically. But from a baseball perspective, most definitely:
Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) smoked the GOP in this year’s congressional baseball game: The former college player pitched a complete game one-hitter, striking out 13, in leading Democrats to a 8-2 victory.
A full story of last Thursday’s Roll Call game can be read here. Photos can be seen here. We don’t have a link to the post-game injury report, because they don’t have enough paper in Washington to list the strained muscles that these geezers probably suffered. Well, except for Richmond anyway, who probably threw his normal side session yesterday.
Word on the street is that the Republicans are trying really hard to get Randy Johnson to run for Congress.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 25
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 16
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (255)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)