Jul 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
No, not politically. But from a baseball perspective, most definitely:
Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) smoked the GOP in this year’s congressional baseball game: The former college player pitched a complete game one-hitter, striking out 13, in leading Democrats to a 8-2 victory.
A full story of last Thursday’s Roll Call game can be read here. Photos can be seen here. We don’t have a link to the post-game injury report, because they don’t have enough paper in Washington to list the strained muscles that these geezers probably suffered. Well, except for Richmond anyway, who probably threw his normal side session yesterday.
Word on the street is that the Republicans are trying really hard to get Randy Johnson to run for Congress.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 316
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (318)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)