Jul 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
No, not politically. But from a baseball perspective, most definitely:
Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) smoked the GOP in this year’s congressional baseball game: The former college player pitched a complete game one-hitter, striking out 13, in leading Democrats to a 8-2 victory.
A full story of last Thursday’s Roll Call game can be read here. Photos can be seen here. We don’t have a link to the post-game injury report, because they don’t have enough paper in Washington to list the strained muscles that these geezers probably suffered. Well, except for Richmond anyway, who probably threw his normal side session yesterday.
Word on the street is that the Republicans are trying really hard to get Randy Johnson to run for Congress.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11