Jul 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
No, not politically. But from a baseball perspective, most definitely:
Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) smoked the GOP in this year’s congressional baseball game: The former college player pitched a complete game one-hitter, striking out 13, in leading Democrats to a 8-2 victory.
A full story of last Thursday’s Roll Call game can be read here. Photos can be seen here. We don’t have a link to the post-game injury report, because they don’t have enough paper in Washington to list the strained muscles that these geezers probably suffered. Well, except for Richmond anyway, who probably threw his normal side session yesterday.
Word on the street is that the Republicans are trying really hard to get Randy Johnson to run for Congress.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)