Jul 18, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Another day, another problem at The Trop.
Monday’s game between the Yankees and the Rays was delayed in the fifth inning after a couple of light sets went dark, reportedly the result of a lightning strike.
The game resumed after an 18-minute delay. Immediately, afterwards, rookie Alex Cobb was able to get Robinson Cano to ground out with two on to protect the Rays’ 4-2 lead and send the game to the bottom of the fifth.
Sunday night’s game between the Red Sox and Rays was briefly delayed after a flyball hit one of the catwalks at Tropicana Field, breaking a light and scattering some glass onto the field.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)