Jul 18, 2011, 9:39 PM EST
Another day, another problem at The Trop.
Monday’s game between the Yankees and the Rays was delayed in the fifth inning after a couple of light sets went dark, reportedly the result of a lightning strike.
The game resumed after an 18-minute delay. Immediately, afterwards, rookie Alex Cobb was able to get Robinson Cano to ground out with two on to protect the Rays’ 4-2 lead and send the game to the bottom of the fifth.
Sunday night’s game between the Red Sox and Rays was briefly delayed after a flyball hit one of the catwalks at Tropicana Field, breaking a light and scattering some glass onto the field.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)