Jul 18, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Another day, another problem at The Trop.
Monday’s game between the Yankees and the Rays was delayed in the fifth inning after a couple of light sets went dark, reportedly the result of a lightning strike.
The game resumed after an 18-minute delay. Immediately, afterwards, rookie Alex Cobb was able to get Robinson Cano to ground out with two on to protect the Rays’ 4-2 lead and send the game to the bottom of the fifth.
Sunday night’s game between the Red Sox and Rays was briefly delayed after a flyball hit one of the catwalks at Tropicana Field, breaking a light and scattering some glass onto the field.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)