Jul 18, 2011, 9:39 PM EST
Another day, another problem at The Trop.
Monday’s game between the Yankees and the Rays was delayed in the fifth inning after a couple of light sets went dark, reportedly the result of a lightning strike.
The game resumed after an 18-minute delay. Immediately, afterwards, rookie Alex Cobb was able to get Robinson Cano to ground out with two on to protect the Rays’ 4-2 lead and send the game to the bottom of the fifth.
Sunday night’s game between the Red Sox and Rays was briefly delayed after a flyball hit one of the catwalks at Tropicana Field, breaking a light and scattering some glass onto the field.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 31
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27