Jul 19, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
They haven’t been in the same lineup together since July 2, when Reyes injured his hamstring. Beltran has missed the past three games with flu-like symptoms.
Both players are impending free agents having outstanding bounce back seasons after injury wrecked 2010 campaigns and in fact among NL position player teammates Reyes and Beltran rank second to Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder of the Brewers in Wins Above Replacement.
And now that they’re healthy again the big question is whether the Mets will trade one or both, with the Beltran rumors swirling pretty strongly in recent days. New York is 12.5 games back in the NL East and 9.5 games out of the Wild Card spot, so even with Wright potentially returning by the end of the week sell mode makes sense for the Mets.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)