Jul 19, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
They haven’t been in the same lineup together since July 2, when Reyes injured his hamstring. Beltran has missed the past three games with flu-like symptoms.
Both players are impending free agents having outstanding bounce back seasons after injury wrecked 2010 campaigns and in fact among NL position player teammates Reyes and Beltran rank second to Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder of the Brewers in Wins Above Replacement.
And now that they’re healthy again the big question is whether the Mets will trade one or both, with the Beltran rumors swirling pretty strongly in recent days. New York is 12.5 games back in the NL East and 9.5 games out of the Wild Card spot, so even with Wright potentially returning by the end of the week sell mode makes sense for the Mets.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 50
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 137
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (138)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)