Jul 19, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
They haven’t been in the same lineup together since July 2, when Reyes injured his hamstring. Beltran has missed the past three games with flu-like symptoms.
Both players are impending free agents having outstanding bounce back seasons after injury wrecked 2010 campaigns and in fact among NL position player teammates Reyes and Beltran rank second to Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder of the Brewers in Wins Above Replacement.
And now that they’re healthy again the big question is whether the Mets will trade one or both, with the Beltran rumors swirling pretty strongly in recent days. New York is 12.5 games back in the NL East and 9.5 games out of the Wild Card spot, so even with Wright potentially returning by the end of the week sell mode makes sense for the Mets.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)