Jul 19, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
They haven’t been in the same lineup together since July 2, when Reyes injured his hamstring. Beltran has missed the past three games with flu-like symptoms.
Both players are impending free agents having outstanding bounce back seasons after injury wrecked 2010 campaigns and in fact among NL position player teammates Reyes and Beltran rank second to Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder of the Brewers in Wins Above Replacement.
And now that they’re healthy again the big question is whether the Mets will trade one or both, with the Beltran rumors swirling pretty strongly in recent days. New York is 12.5 games back in the NL East and 9.5 games out of the Wild Card spot, so even with Wright potentially returning by the end of the week sell mode makes sense for the Mets.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)