Jul 19, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Jose Reyes played a rehab game at Coney Island yesterday and everything went just swell: 1 for 3 with a double and a run scored plus six innings at shortstop. No problems, no fuss, and now it’s back to the Mets for him tonight to face the Cardinals.
And it’s not a moment too soon. As D.J. notes over at Rotoworld’s Daily Dose, the Mets’ offense has fallen off a cliff since Reyes has been gone. His .354/.398/.529 bat at the top of the order — plus the return of Carlos Beltran from his little bout with the flu — should mean a revitalized Mets attack tonight. And barring any setbacks, David Wright comes back on Friday.
And if things don’t rebound for the Mets everyone will blame Wright, because that’s just autopilot, right?
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)