Jul 19, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Jose Reyes played a rehab game at Coney Island yesterday and everything went just swell: 1 for 3 with a double and a run scored plus six innings at shortstop. No problems, no fuss, and now it’s back to the Mets for him tonight to face the Cardinals.
And it’s not a moment too soon. As D.J. notes over at Rotoworld’s Daily Dose, the Mets’ offense has fallen off a cliff since Reyes has been gone. His .354/.398/.529 bat at the top of the order — plus the return of Carlos Beltran from his little bout with the flu — should mean a revitalized Mets attack tonight. And barring any setbacks, David Wright comes back on Friday.
And if things don’t rebound for the Mets everyone will blame Wright, because that’s just autopilot, right?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 25
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 33
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (120)