Jul 19, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Jose Reyes played a rehab game at Coney Island yesterday and everything went just swell: 1 for 3 with a double and a run scored plus six innings at shortstop. No problems, no fuss, and now it’s back to the Mets for him tonight to face the Cardinals.
And it’s not a moment too soon. As D.J. notes over at Rotoworld’s Daily Dose, the Mets’ offense has fallen off a cliff since Reyes has been gone. His .354/.398/.529 bat at the top of the order — plus the return of Carlos Beltran from his little bout with the flu — should mean a revitalized Mets attack tonight. And barring any setbacks, David Wright comes back on Friday.
And if things don’t rebound for the Mets everyone will blame Wright, because that’s just autopilot, right?
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 30
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (104)