Jul 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Nolan Ryan has been released from a Houston hospital after spending two days being treated for the recurrence of a heart condition.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas tests revealed no new problems and the 64-year-old Hall of Famer will continue to be treated with medication.
Ryan, who had double bypass surgery in 2000, experienced chest pains Monday morning.
He’s expected to resume his duties as Rangers president later this week, but won’t be on hand to throw out the first pitch in Anaheim tonight as part of the Angels’ ceremony inducting Gene Autry into the team Hall of Fame.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)