Jul 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Nolan Ryan has been released from a Houston hospital after spending two days being treated for the recurrence of a heart condition.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas tests revealed no new problems and the 64-year-old Hall of Famer will continue to be treated with medication.
Ryan, who had double bypass surgery in 2000, experienced chest pains Monday morning.
He’s expected to resume his duties as Rangers president later this week, but won’t be on hand to throw out the first pitch in Anaheim tonight as part of the Angels’ ceremony inducting Gene Autry into the team Hall of Fame.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)