Jul 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Nolan Ryan has been released from a Houston hospital after spending two days being treated for the recurrence of a heart condition.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas tests revealed no new problems and the 64-year-old Hall of Famer will continue to be treated with medication.
Ryan, who had double bypass surgery in 2000, experienced chest pains Monday morning.
He’s expected to resume his duties as Rangers president later this week, but won’t be on hand to throw out the first pitch in Anaheim tonight as part of the Angels’ ceremony inducting Gene Autry into the team Hall of Fame.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)