Jul 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Nolan Ryan has been released from a Houston hospital after spending two days being treated for the recurrence of a heart condition.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas tests revealed no new problems and the 64-year-old Hall of Famer will continue to be treated with medication.
Ryan, who had double bypass surgery in 2000, experienced chest pains Monday morning.
He’s expected to resume his duties as Rangers president later this week, but won’t be on hand to throw out the first pitch in Anaheim tonight as part of the Angels’ ceremony inducting Gene Autry into the team Hall of Fame.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)