Jul 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Nolan Ryan has been released from a Houston hospital after spending two days being treated for the recurrence of a heart condition.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas tests revealed no new problems and the 64-year-old Hall of Famer will continue to be treated with medication.
Ryan, who had double bypass surgery in 2000, experienced chest pains Monday morning.
He’s expected to resume his duties as Rangers president later this week, but won’t be on hand to throw out the first pitch in Anaheim tonight as part of the Angels’ ceremony inducting Gene Autry into the team Hall of Fame.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)