Jul 19, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has announced that Cardinals infielder Ryan Theriot has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for coming into contact with umpire Mike Muchlinski during the bottom of the sixth inning of Sunday’s game against the Reds. Theriot was disputing a “pulled-off-the-bag” call. The runner eventually came around to score thanks to a couple of Jaime Garcia wild pitches.
Barring an appeal, he would begin serving the suspension tonight against the Mets.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)