Jul 19, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Major League Baseball has announced that Cardinals infielder Ryan Theriot has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for coming into contact with umpire Mike Muchlinski during the bottom of the sixth inning of Sunday’s game against the Reds. Theriot was disputing a “pulled-off-the-bag” call. The runner eventually came around to score thanks to a couple of Jaime Garcia wild pitches.
Barring an appeal, he would begin serving the suspension tonight against the Mets.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 85
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (85)