Jul 19, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has announced that Cardinals infielder Ryan Theriot has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for coming into contact with umpire Mike Muchlinski during the bottom of the sixth inning of Sunday’s game against the Reds. Theriot was disputing a “pulled-off-the-bag” call. The runner eventually came around to score thanks to a couple of Jaime Garcia wild pitches.
Barring an appeal, he would begin serving the suspension tonight against the Mets.
- John Mozeliak announces Matt Adams out 3-4 months with torn quad, possibly the year 0
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)