Jul 19, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has announced that Cardinals infielder Ryan Theriot has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for coming into contact with umpire Mike Muchlinski during the bottom of the sixth inning of Sunday’s game against the Reds. Theriot was disputing a “pulled-off-the-bag” call. The runner eventually came around to score thanks to a couple of Jaime Garcia wild pitches.
Barring an appeal, he would begin serving the suspension tonight against the Mets.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)