Jul 19, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has announced that Cardinals infielder Ryan Theriot has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for coming into contact with umpire Mike Muchlinski during the bottom of the sixth inning of Sunday’s game against the Reds. Theriot was disputing a “pulled-off-the-bag” call. The runner eventually came around to score thanks to a couple of Jaime Garcia wild pitches.
Barring an appeal, he would begin serving the suspension tonight against the Mets.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 5
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)