Jul 19, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
If you’ve been reading all the best websites, you know that the Phillies want both a reliever and a bat. As far as the reliever goes, Jerry Crasnick reports that the Phillies have spoken with the Marlins about Leo Nunez. He of the 1.19 WHIP and 27 saves in 30 opportunities.
Crasnick says that the Marlins would want some starting pitching in return. If there’s anything the Phillies are good on right now, it’s starting pitching, so their status as division rivals notwithstanding, this could be a good fit.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)