Jul 19, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
If you’ve been reading all the best websites, you know that the Phillies want both a reliever and a bat. As far as the reliever goes, Jerry Crasnick reports that the Phillies have spoken with the Marlins about Leo Nunez. He of the 1.19 WHIP and 27 saves in 30 opportunities.
Crasnick says that the Marlins would want some starting pitching in return. If there’s anything the Phillies are good on right now, it’s starting pitching, so their status as division rivals notwithstanding, this could be a good fit.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)