Jul 19, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
If you’ve been reading all the best websites, you know that the Phillies want both a reliever and a bat. As far as the reliever goes, Jerry Crasnick reports that the Phillies have spoken with the Marlins about Leo Nunez. He of the 1.19 WHIP and 27 saves in 30 opportunities.
Crasnick says that the Marlins would want some starting pitching in return. If there’s anything the Phillies are good on right now, it’s starting pitching, so their status as division rivals notwithstanding, this could be a good fit.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)