Jul 19, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
If you’ve been reading all the best websites, you know that the Phillies want both a reliever and a bat. As far as the reliever goes, Jerry Crasnick reports that the Phillies have spoken with the Marlins about Leo Nunez. He of the 1.19 WHIP and 27 saves in 30 opportunities.
Crasnick says that the Marlins would want some starting pitching in return. If there’s anything the Phillies are good on right now, it’s starting pitching, so their status as division rivals notwithstanding, this could be a good fit.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 0
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 86
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 71
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)