Jul 19, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal complies a list of the general managers who may be on the move after this season, be it by their own volition or via defenestration (figuratively speaking, with the possible exception of Jim Hendry, who could literally be defenestrated).
I can’t disagree with most of his list. I think Hendry has to go because someone has to take the fall for that awful roster in Chicago. Ed Wade should have been gone on merit before now, but will likely be let go when new ownership takes over. Some of the walk candidates also seem sensible, particularly Brian Cashman and Andy MacPhail, neither of whom probably enjoy dealing with their bosses too much.
I think we’re going to see more GM turnover this winter than we’ve seen in a long time. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood.
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 0
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 14
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 14
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)