Jul 19, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal complies a list of the general managers who may be on the move after this season, be it by their own volition or via defenestration (figuratively speaking, with the possible exception of Jim Hendry, who could literally be defenestrated).
I can’t disagree with most of his list. I think Hendry has to go because someone has to take the fall for that awful roster in Chicago. Ed Wade should have been gone on merit before now, but will likely be let go when new ownership takes over. Some of the walk candidates also seem sensible, particularly Brian Cashman and Andy MacPhail, neither of whom probably enjoy dealing with their bosses too much.
I think we’re going to see more GM turnover this winter than we’ve seen in a long time. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 36
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)