Jul 19, 2011, 3:33 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal complies a list of the general managers who may be on the move after this season, be it by their own volition or via defenestration (figuratively speaking, with the possible exception of Jim Hendry, who could literally be defenestrated).
I can’t disagree with most of his list. I think Hendry has to go because someone has to take the fall for that awful roster in Chicago. Ed Wade should have been gone on merit before now, but will likely be let go when new ownership takes over. Some of the walk candidates also seem sensible, particularly Brian Cashman and Andy MacPhail, neither of whom probably enjoy dealing with their bosses too much.
I think we’re going to see more GM turnover this winter than we’ve seen in a long time. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 9
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)