Jul 19, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal complies a list of the general managers who may be on the move after this season, be it by their own volition or via defenestration (figuratively speaking, with the possible exception of Jim Hendry, who could literally be defenestrated).
I can’t disagree with most of his list. I think Hendry has to go because someone has to take the fall for that awful roster in Chicago. Ed Wade should have been gone on merit before now, but will likely be let go when new ownership takes over. Some of the walk candidates also seem sensible, particularly Brian Cashman and Andy MacPhail, neither of whom probably enjoy dealing with their bosses too much.
I think we’re going to see more GM turnover this winter than we’ve seen in a long time. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 48
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)