Jul 20, 2011, 6:59 PM EST
It was a scoreless game until the seventh, when Dioner Navarro hit one into McCovey Cove for what proved to be the lone run of the game.
Kershaw has made four starts against the Giants this season and has given up runs in just one of them. He’s also outpitched Lincecum all three times the two have been matched up in their careers, though the Giants came back to win the first duel 7-5 on July 20, 2010.
Kershaw leads the majors with 167 strikeouts this season. He’s gone three straight starts without allowing an earned run, lowering his ERA from 3.23 to 2.72. He’s 4-1 with a 1.41 ERA in nine career starts and one relief appearance versus the Giants.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)