Jul 20, 2011, 6:59 PM EDT
It was a scoreless game until the seventh, when Dioner Navarro hit one into McCovey Cove for what proved to be the lone run of the game.
Kershaw has made four starts against the Giants this season and has given up runs in just one of them. He’s also outpitched Lincecum all three times the two have been matched up in their careers, though the Giants came back to win the first duel 7-5 on July 20, 2010.
Kershaw leads the majors with 167 strikeouts this season. He’s gone three straight starts without allowing an earned run, lowering his ERA from 3.23 to 2.72. He’s 4-1 with a 1.41 ERA in nine career starts and one relief appearance versus the Giants.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)