Jul 20, 2011, 6:59 PM EDT
It was a scoreless game until the seventh, when Dioner Navarro hit one into McCovey Cove for what proved to be the lone run of the game.
Kershaw has made four starts against the Giants this season and has given up runs in just one of them. He’s also outpitched Lincecum all three times the two have been matched up in their careers, though the Giants came back to win the first duel 7-5 on July 20, 2010.
Kershaw leads the majors with 167 strikeouts this season. He’s gone three straight starts without allowing an earned run, lowering his ERA from 3.23 to 2.72. He’s 4-1 with a 1.41 ERA in nine career starts and one relief appearance versus the Giants.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)