Jul 20, 2011, 6:59 PM EDT
It was a scoreless game until the seventh, when Dioner Navarro hit one into McCovey Cove for what proved to be the lone run of the game.
Kershaw has made four starts against the Giants this season and has given up runs in just one of them. He’s also outpitched Lincecum all three times the two have been matched up in their careers, though the Giants came back to win the first duel 7-5 on July 20, 2010.
Kershaw leads the majors with 167 strikeouts this season. He’s gone three straight starts without allowing an earned run, lowering his ERA from 3.23 to 2.72. He’s 4-1 with a 1.41 ERA in nine career starts and one relief appearance versus the Giants.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)