Jul 20, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
It’s airing on July 28th at 9PM on HBO. Smart scheduling, in that the Yankees are off that night. Sure, there are 12 other baseball games that hardcore fans would probably be better off watching, but it’s a free country. If you’re curious, this is what you’re going to get for your hour’s worth:
For the first time ever, Jeter wore a microphone during two games including the one where he reached the 3,000 career hit milestone. He also allowed MLB Productions camera crews to follow him on multiple occasions and in a variety of settings, including in his home and during rehabilitation from a calf injury. “DEREK JETER 3K” also will feature exclusive interview footage with the Yankee captain which was recorded shortly after he became only the 28th player in MLB history to achieve the milestone.
Still mic’d up afterward, eh? I wonder if he was caught on tape saying “Wow, you mean that dude is just going to give me the ball? Hey, Woodhouse — tear up that $500K check we had ready, will ya? Or, I don’t know, spend it on something I might like. I don’t care.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead