Jul 20, 2011, 8:49 PM EST
Bay was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the lineup and in the outfield by Willie Harris.
It’s probably not a serious injury, but the 32-year-old could be held out of Thursday’s series finale against St. Louis as a precautionary measure.
Including Wednesday night’s stats, Bay has hit just .232/.319/.324 this season with six home runs, four doubles and 29 RBI through 299 plate appearances. He batted just .259/.347/.402 in 2010 after signing a four-year, $66 million free agent contract.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)