Jul 20, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
Bay was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the lineup and in the outfield by Willie Harris.
It’s probably not a serious injury, but the 32-year-old could be held out of Thursday’s series finale against St. Louis as a precautionary measure.
Including Wednesday night’s stats, Bay has hit just .232/.319/.324 this season with six home runs, four doubles and 29 RBI through 299 plate appearances. He batted just .259/.347/.402 in 2010 after signing a four-year, $66 million free agent contract.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)