Jul 20, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
Bay was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the lineup and in the outfield by Willie Harris.
It’s probably not a serious injury, but the 32-year-old could be held out of Thursday’s series finale against St. Louis as a precautionary measure.
Including Wednesday night’s stats, Bay has hit just .232/.319/.324 this season with six home runs, four doubles and 29 RBI through 299 plate appearances. He batted just .259/.347/.402 in 2010 after signing a four-year, $66 million free agent contract.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)