Jul 20, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
Bay was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the lineup and in the outfield by Willie Harris.
It’s probably not a serious injury, but the 32-year-old could be held out of Thursday’s series finale against St. Louis as a precautionary measure.
Including Wednesday night’s stats, Bay has hit just .232/.319/.324 this season with six home runs, four doubles and 29 RBI through 299 plate appearances. He batted just .259/.347/.402 in 2010 after signing a four-year, $66 million free agent contract.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)