Jul 20, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
Bay was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the lineup and in the outfield by Willie Harris.
It’s probably not a serious injury, but the 32-year-old could be held out of Thursday’s series finale against St. Louis as a precautionary measure.
Including Wednesday night’s stats, Bay has hit just .232/.319/.324 this season with six home runs, four doubles and 29 RBI through 299 plate appearances. He batted just .259/.347/.402 in 2010 after signing a four-year, $66 million free agent contract.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8