Jul 20, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston reports on a preliminary 2012 Red Sox schedule that is floating around that, surprise surprise, has the Sox meeting the Yankees on the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, April 20th.
One big question: April 20th is a Friday, so how will ESPN be able to over-hype the living hell out of this thing if they’re not broadcasting it? My guess: they televise the Sunday Sox-Yankees game and just assert that that is really the 100th anniversary and dare anyone to suggest otherwise.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)