Jul 20, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston reports on a preliminary 2012 Red Sox schedule that is floating around that, surprise surprise, has the Sox meeting the Yankees on the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, April 20th.
One big question: April 20th is a Friday, so how will ESPN be able to over-hype the living hell out of this thing if they’re not broadcasting it? My guess: they televise the Sunday Sox-Yankees game and just assert that that is really the 100th anniversary and dare anyone to suggest otherwise.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 20
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 70
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)