Jul 20, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston reports on a preliminary 2012 Red Sox schedule that is floating around that, surprise surprise, has the Sox meeting the Yankees on the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, April 20th.
One big question: April 20th is a Friday, so how will ESPN be able to over-hype the living hell out of this thing if they’re not broadcasting it? My guess: they televise the Sunday Sox-Yankees game and just assert that that is really the 100th anniversary and dare anyone to suggest otherwise.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)