Jul 20, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston reports on a preliminary 2012 Red Sox schedule that is floating around that, surprise surprise, has the Sox meeting the Yankees on the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, April 20th.
One big question: April 20th is a Friday, so how will ESPN be able to over-hype the living hell out of this thing if they’re not broadcasting it? My guess: they televise the Sunday Sox-Yankees game and just assert that that is really the 100th anniversary and dare anyone to suggest otherwise.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 10
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 28
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)