Jul 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jose Reyes is back in the Mets’ lineup after returning from the disabled list yesterday, but that hasn’t stopped the speculation from swirling around the impending free agent.
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that Reyes “has told friends he would love to sign with the Angels when he becomes a free agent after the season.”
Of course, Brown also notes that the Angels balked at paying Carl Crawford the type of money Reyes figures to command as a free agent and already have a good, relatively young shortstop in Erick Aybar, although he’ll be a free agent after next season.
I’m guessing ultimately Reyes “would love to sign with” whichever team offers him the most guaranteed years and the highest salary. And there’s at least some chance that will be the Angels.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)