Jul 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jose Reyes is back in the Mets’ lineup after returning from the disabled list yesterday, but that hasn’t stopped the speculation from swirling around the impending free agent.
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that Reyes “has told friends he would love to sign with the Angels when he becomes a free agent after the season.”
Of course, Brown also notes that the Angels balked at paying Carl Crawford the type of money Reyes figures to command as a free agent and already have a good, relatively young shortstop in Erick Aybar, although he’ll be a free agent after next season.
I’m guessing ultimately Reyes “would love to sign with” whichever team offers him the most guaranteed years and the highest salary. And there’s at least some chance that will be the Angels.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)