Jul 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jose Reyes is back in the Mets’ lineup after returning from the disabled list yesterday, but that hasn’t stopped the speculation from swirling around the impending free agent.
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that Reyes “has told friends he would love to sign with the Angels when he becomes a free agent after the season.”
Of course, Brown also notes that the Angels balked at paying Carl Crawford the type of money Reyes figures to command as a free agent and already have a good, relatively young shortstop in Erick Aybar, although he’ll be a free agent after next season.
I’m guessing ultimately Reyes “would love to sign with” whichever team offers him the most guaranteed years and the highest salary. And there’s at least some chance that will be the Angels.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20