Jul 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jose Reyes is back in the Mets’ lineup after returning from the disabled list yesterday, but that hasn’t stopped the speculation from swirling around the impending free agent.
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that Reyes “has told friends he would love to sign with the Angels when he becomes a free agent after the season.”
Of course, Brown also notes that the Angels balked at paying Carl Crawford the type of money Reyes figures to command as a free agent and already have a good, relatively young shortstop in Erick Aybar, although he’ll be a free agent after next season.
I’m guessing ultimately Reyes “would love to sign with” whichever team offers him the most guaranteed years and the highest salary. And there’s at least some chance that will be the Angels.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 6
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)