Jul 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jose Reyes is back in the Mets’ lineup after returning from the disabled list yesterday, but that hasn’t stopped the speculation from swirling around the impending free agent.
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that Reyes “has told friends he would love to sign with the Angels when he becomes a free agent after the season.”
Of course, Brown also notes that the Angels balked at paying Carl Crawford the type of money Reyes figures to command as a free agent and already have a good, relatively young shortstop in Erick Aybar, although he’ll be a free agent after next season.
I’m guessing ultimately Reyes “would love to sign with” whichever team offers him the most guaranteed years and the highest salary. And there’s at least some chance that will be the Angels.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)