Jul 20, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Times reports that Bryan Stow suffered a 30-second seizure earlier this week and that, as a result, he underwent emergency surgery to alleviate fluid build-up on his brain. There is no word in the linked story as to how that has changed his overall condition, but obviously emergency surgery is not a good thing.
In other news, while there is one suspect in custody in the Stow case, no one has been charged and the investigation continues. Accordingly, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has increased the reward for information leading to arrests in the case. Before they were offering $10,000, now it’s $25,000. The Dodgers continue to offer $200,000.
The guy they have in custody — Giovanni Ramirez — is being held on an unrelated parole violation. His girlfriend was recently arrested too, though there is no suggestion of a connection as of yet. There is word, however, that the police are having difficulty making a case against Ramirez due to multiple friends and family members offering him alibis, so this all remains somewhat depressing.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 66
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (102)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)