Jul 20, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Times reports that Bryan Stow suffered a 30-second seizure earlier this week and that, as a result, he underwent emergency surgery to alleviate fluid build-up on his brain. There is no word in the linked story as to how that has changed his overall condition, but obviously emergency surgery is not a good thing.
In other news, while there is one suspect in custody in the Stow case, no one has been charged and the investigation continues. Accordingly, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has increased the reward for information leading to arrests in the case. Before they were offering $10,000, now it’s $25,000. The Dodgers continue to offer $200,000.
The guy they have in custody — Giovanni Ramirez — is being held on an unrelated parole violation. His girlfriend was recently arrested too, though there is no suggestion of a connection as of yet. There is word, however, that the police are having difficulty making a case against Ramirez due to multiple friends and family members offering him alibis, so this all remains somewhat depressing.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)