Jul 20, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
The Los Angeles Times reports that Bryan Stow suffered a 30-second seizure earlier this week and that, as a result, he underwent emergency surgery to alleviate fluid build-up on his brain. There is no word in the linked story as to how that has changed his overall condition, but obviously emergency surgery is not a good thing.
In other news, while there is one suspect in custody in the Stow case, no one has been charged and the investigation continues. Accordingly, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has increased the reward for information leading to arrests in the case. Before they were offering $10,000, now it’s $25,000. The Dodgers continue to offer $200,000.
The guy they have in custody — Giovanni Ramirez — is being held on an unrelated parole violation. His girlfriend was recently arrested too, though there is no suggestion of a connection as of yet. There is word, however, that the police are having difficulty making a case against Ramirez due to multiple friends and family members offering him alibis, so this all remains somewhat depressing.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)