Jul 20, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a few minutes ago:
The Mets are now 100 percent certain they will not trade Jose Reyes before the deadline, according to sources. He changed their minds.
This isn’t terribly surprising given how well he has played this year, the realization that great shortstops don’t grow on trees these days and the fact that Francisco Rodriguez being gone has given the Mets a bit more financial breathing room.
But given that it’s late July, I wouldn’t be at all shocked to see someone write “The Mets: will they trade Jose Reyes?!!!” sometime in the next 24 hours. Hell, maybe I should do it.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)