Jul 20, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a few minutes ago:
The Mets are now 100 percent certain they will not trade Jose Reyes before the deadline, according to sources. He changed their minds.
This isn’t terribly surprising given how well he has played this year, the realization that great shortstops don’t grow on trees these days and the fact that Francisco Rodriguez being gone has given the Mets a bit more financial breathing room.
But given that it’s late July, I wouldn’t be at all shocked to see someone write “The Mets: will they trade Jose Reyes?!!!” sometime in the next 24 hours. Hell, maybe I should do it.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)