Jul 20, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a few minutes ago:
The Mets are now 100 percent certain they will not trade Jose Reyes before the deadline, according to sources. He changed their minds.
This isn’t terribly surprising given how well he has played this year, the realization that great shortstops don’t grow on trees these days and the fact that Francisco Rodriguez being gone has given the Mets a bit more financial breathing room.
But given that it’s late July, I wouldn’t be at all shocked to see someone write “The Mets: will they trade Jose Reyes?!!!” sometime in the next 24 hours. Hell, maybe I should do it.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)