Jul 20, 2011, 1:03 PM EST
Buster Olney tweeted the following a few minutes ago:
The Mets are now 100 percent certain they will not trade Jose Reyes before the deadline, according to sources. He changed their minds.
This isn’t terribly surprising given how well he has played this year, the realization that great shortstops don’t grow on trees these days and the fact that Francisco Rodriguez being gone has given the Mets a bit more financial breathing room.
But given that it’s late July, I wouldn’t be at all shocked to see someone write “The Mets: will they trade Jose Reyes?!!!” sometime in the next 24 hours. Hell, maybe I should do it.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)