Jul 20, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a few minutes ago:
The Mets are now 100 percent certain they will not trade Jose Reyes before the deadline, according to sources. He changed their minds.
This isn’t terribly surprising given how well he has played this year, the realization that great shortstops don’t grow on trees these days and the fact that Francisco Rodriguez being gone has given the Mets a bit more financial breathing room.
But given that it’s late July, I wouldn’t be at all shocked to see someone write “The Mets: will they trade Jose Reyes?!!!” sometime in the next 24 hours. Hell, maybe I should do it.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 19
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)