Jul 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It would be a pretty good time for the Rays to trade Shields. He’s been fantastic this year, logging seven complete games so far, and showing once again that he is a total workhorse. And of course, given how little starting pitching is available at the moment, they could demand a pretty high price for him, I’d presume. I mean, it’s not like the Reds are the only team who would have a use for the guy.
Meanwhile, the Reds could use something to kickstart a rotation which sports the third worst ERA in the National League, better than only the Astros and the Cubs.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 128
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (129)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)