Jul 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It would be a pretty good time for the Rays to trade Shields. He’s been fantastic this year, logging seven complete games so far, and showing once again that he is a total workhorse. And of course, given how little starting pitching is available at the moment, they could demand a pretty high price for him, I’d presume. I mean, it’s not like the Reds are the only team who would have a use for the guy.
Meanwhile, the Reds could use something to kickstart a rotation which sports the third worst ERA in the National League, better than only the Astros and the Cubs.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)