Jul 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It would be a pretty good time for the Rays to trade Shields. He’s been fantastic this year, logging seven complete games so far, and showing once again that he is a total workhorse. And of course, given how little starting pitching is available at the moment, they could demand a pretty high price for him, I’d presume. I mean, it’s not like the Reds are the only team who would have a use for the guy.
Meanwhile, the Reds could use something to kickstart a rotation which sports the third worst ERA in the National League, better than only the Astros and the Cubs.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)