Jul 20, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
There were 1,000 sets available for $391 each … and they sold out almost immediately, which means (math!) the Twins generated $391,000, the “net proceeds” of which will be donated to their community fund. As opposed to, say, going toward Matt Tolbert‘s $425,000 salary or something.
Of course, some of those 1,000 sets were sold to people who’re already looking make a profit of their own via EBay, which is sort of sad but mostly just predictable. My involvement was much classier, as I refused to actually spend $391 and instead simply begged for someone to give me a set for free. It didn’t work (so far!).
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 10
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)