Jul 20, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
There were 1,000 sets available for $391 each … and they sold out almost immediately, which means (math!) the Twins generated $391,000, the “net proceeds” of which will be donated to their community fund. As opposed to, say, going toward Matt Tolbert‘s $425,000 salary or something.
Of course, some of those 1,000 sets were sold to people who’re already looking make a profit of their own via EBay, which is sort of sad but mostly just predictable. My involvement was much classier, as I refused to actually spend $391 and instead simply begged for someone to give me a set for free. It didn’t work (so far!).
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)