Jul 20, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
There were 1,000 sets available for $391 each … and they sold out almost immediately, which means (math!) the Twins generated $391,000, the “net proceeds” of which will be donated to their community fund. As opposed to, say, going toward Matt Tolbert‘s $425,000 salary or something.
Of course, some of those 1,000 sets were sold to people who’re already looking make a profit of their own via EBay, which is sort of sad but mostly just predictable. My involvement was much classier, as I refused to actually spend $391 and instead simply begged for someone to give me a set for free. It didn’t work (so far!).
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)