Jul 20, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
There were 1,000 sets available for $391 each … and they sold out almost immediately, which means (math!) the Twins generated $391,000, the “net proceeds” of which will be donated to their community fund. As opposed to, say, going toward Matt Tolbert‘s $425,000 salary or something.
Of course, some of those 1,000 sets were sold to people who’re already looking make a profit of their own via EBay, which is sort of sad but mostly just predictable. My involvement was much classier, as I refused to actually spend $391 and instead simply begged for someone to give me a set for free. It didn’t work (so far!).
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 0
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 39
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 8
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)