Jul 21, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
Beltre has now faced Haren in a total of 56 plate appearances and he’s batted .460 with 10 extra-base hits and six walks for a ridiculous 1.278 OPS.
What makes that ownage especially remarkable is that Haren is a right-handed pitcher who usually shuts down right-handed hitters and Beltre is a right-handed hitter who typically fares much worse versus righties than lefties.
Haren has held all right-handed hitters not named Beltre to a .256 batting average and .699 OPS for his career, while Beltre has hit .269 with a .776 OPS versus all right-handed pitchers not named Haren. Yet put them together and … boom!
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming