Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 PM EST
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that two suspects have been arrested for the Opening Day beating of Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium. Further, they are reporting that Giovanni Ramirez — who was a suspect and is still being held on a parole violation — has been exonerated in the attack.
The Los Angeles Police Department has not yet released the identities of the two men who were arrested, nor have they said what led them to look at them as suspects. This is all information which should be scrutinized, however, given that L.A.P.D. officials had previous said that they were confident that Ramirez was their man. For his part, Ramirez has had several family members and friends offer alibis on his behalf, and his attorney has waged a very public defense, insisting that Ramirez was innocent.
Obviously there will be more to come in the wake of this surprising development. We will update when more information is available.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)