Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that two suspects have been arrested for the Opening Day beating of Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium. Further, they are reporting that Giovanni Ramirez — who was a suspect and is still being held on a parole violation — has been exonerated in the attack.
The Los Angeles Police Department has not yet released the identities of the two men who were arrested, nor have they said what led them to look at them as suspects. This is all information which should be scrutinized, however, given that L.A.P.D. officials had previous said that they were confident that Ramirez was their man. For his part, Ramirez has had several family members and friends offer alibis on his behalf, and his attorney has waged a very public defense, insisting that Ramirez was innocent.
Obviously there will be more to come in the wake of this surprising development. We will update when more information is available.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)