Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that two suspects have been arrested for the Opening Day beating of Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium. Further, they are reporting that Giovanni Ramirez — who was a suspect and is still being held on a parole violation — has been exonerated in the attack.
The Los Angeles Police Department has not yet released the identities of the two men who were arrested, nor have they said what led them to look at them as suspects. This is all information which should be scrutinized, however, given that L.A.P.D. officials had previous said that they were confident that Ramirez was their man. For his part, Ramirez has had several family members and friends offer alibis on his behalf, and his attorney has waged a very public defense, insisting that Ramirez was innocent.
Obviously there will be more to come in the wake of this surprising development. We will update when more information is available.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 7
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)