Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that two suspects have been arrested for the Opening Day beating of Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium. Further, they are reporting that Giovanni Ramirez — who was a suspect and is still being held on a parole violation — has been exonerated in the attack.
The Los Angeles Police Department has not yet released the identities of the two men who were arrested, nor have they said what led them to look at them as suspects. This is all information which should be scrutinized, however, given that L.A.P.D. officials had previous said that they were confident that Ramirez was their man. For his part, Ramirez has had several family members and friends offer alibis on his behalf, and his attorney has waged a very public defense, insisting that Ramirez was innocent.
Obviously there will be more to come in the wake of this surprising development. We will update when more information is available.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)