Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that two suspects have been arrested for the Opening Day beating of Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium. Further, they are reporting that Giovanni Ramirez — who was a suspect and is still being held on a parole violation — has been exonerated in the attack.
The Los Angeles Police Department has not yet released the identities of the two men who were arrested, nor have they said what led them to look at them as suspects. This is all information which should be scrutinized, however, given that L.A.P.D. officials had previous said that they were confident that Ramirez was their man. For his part, Ramirez has had several family members and friends offer alibis on his behalf, and his attorney has waged a very public defense, insisting that Ramirez was innocent.
Obviously there will be more to come in the wake of this surprising development. We will update when more information is available.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)