Jul 21, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Brewers-Diamondbacks game was filled with carnage last night. In addition to the Stephen Drew ankle injury which was rather nauseating to watch, Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was lost as well, breaking his left collar bone while making a catch in the fourth inning.
Gomez hasn’t been hitting so he hasn’t been starting either, but he flashes some sweet leather out there in center. A team with hopes for the playoffs — especially one as defensively-challenged as the Brewers are — could use his skills out there in late innings and in big ballparks. That’s off the table now, probably for a couple of months.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 7
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (199)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)