Jul 21, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Brewers-Diamondbacks game was filled with carnage last night. In addition to the Stephen Drew ankle injury which was rather nauseating to watch, Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was lost as well, breaking his left collar bone while making a catch in the fourth inning.
Gomez hasn’t been hitting so he hasn’t been starting either, but he flashes some sweet leather out there in center. A team with hopes for the playoffs — especially one as defensively-challenged as the Brewers are — could use his skills out there in late innings and in big ballparks. That’s off the table now, probably for a couple of months.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (79)