Jul 21, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
The Brewers-Diamondbacks game was filled with carnage last night. In addition to the Stephen Drew ankle injury which was rather nauseating to watch, Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was lost as well, breaking his left collar bone while making a catch in the fourth inning.
Gomez hasn’t been hitting so he hasn’t been starting either, but he flashes some sweet leather out there in center. A team with hopes for the playoffs — especially one as defensively-challenged as the Brewers are — could use his skills out there in late innings and in big ballparks. That’s off the table now, probably for a couple of months.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 54
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 205
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (203)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)