Jul 21, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Brewers-Diamondbacks game was filled with carnage last night. In addition to the Stephen Drew ankle injury which was rather nauseating to watch, Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was lost as well, breaking his left collar bone while making a catch in the fourth inning.
Gomez hasn’t been hitting so he hasn’t been starting either, but he flashes some sweet leather out there in center. A team with hopes for the playoffs — especially one as defensively-challenged as the Brewers are — could use his skills out there in late innings and in big ballparks. That’s off the table now, probably for a couple of months.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)