Jul 21, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Brewers-Diamondbacks game was filled with carnage last night. In addition to the Stephen Drew ankle injury which was rather nauseating to watch, Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was lost as well, breaking his left collar bone while making a catch in the fourth inning.
Gomez hasn’t been hitting so he hasn’t been starting either, but he flashes some sweet leather out there in center. A team with hopes for the playoffs — especially one as defensively-challenged as the Brewers are — could use his skills out there in late innings and in big ballparks. That’s off the table now, probably for a couple of months.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)