Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
It’s become fairly routine by now: each afternoon, roughly around 3:30 or so, the Yankees lineup for that night’s game is posted and, immediately thereafter, my Twitter feed blows up.
Half of the people yelling are Yankees fans complaining that Derek Jeter is still in the lineup spot. The other half are a second group of Yankees fans telling the first set of Yankees fans to shut up and quit complaining about it because it’s not going to do anything any good and dear god, don’t we have other things to worry about.
Actually, that’s pretty much the pattern for any issues related to the Yankees. You don’t see many “well, you have a good point, I see where you’re coming from” tweets when the Yankees are involved.
But that little back-and-forth could change soon, as Joe Giradi said before last night’s game that Jeter could possibly be moved out of the leadoff spot:
“I might (move Gardner to the leadoff spot),” Girardi said. “He’s going so well, it’s something I’ll definitely consider. Just wait and see what happens.”
That should calm everyone down. Right?
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)