Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
It’s become fairly routine by now: each afternoon, roughly around 3:30 or so, the Yankees lineup for that night’s game is posted and, immediately thereafter, my Twitter feed blows up.
Half of the people yelling are Yankees fans complaining that Derek Jeter is still in the lineup spot. The other half are a second group of Yankees fans telling the first set of Yankees fans to shut up and quit complaining about it because it’s not going to do anything any good and dear god, don’t we have other things to worry about.
Actually, that’s pretty much the pattern for any issues related to the Yankees. You don’t see many “well, you have a good point, I see where you’re coming from” tweets when the Yankees are involved.
But that little back-and-forth could change soon, as Joe Giradi said before last night’s game that Jeter could possibly be moved out of the leadoff spot:
“I might (move Gardner to the leadoff spot),” Girardi said. “He’s going so well, it’s something I’ll definitely consider. Just wait and see what happens.”
That should calm everyone down. Right?
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 47
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 34
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)