Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
It’s become fairly routine by now: each afternoon, roughly around 3:30 or so, the Yankees lineup for that night’s game is posted and, immediately thereafter, my Twitter feed blows up.
Half of the people yelling are Yankees fans complaining that Derek Jeter is still in the lineup spot. The other half are a second group of Yankees fans telling the first set of Yankees fans to shut up and quit complaining about it because it’s not going to do anything any good and dear god, don’t we have other things to worry about.
Actually, that’s pretty much the pattern for any issues related to the Yankees. You don’t see many “well, you have a good point, I see where you’re coming from” tweets when the Yankees are involved.
But that little back-and-forth could change soon, as Joe Giradi said before last night’s game that Jeter could possibly be moved out of the leadoff spot:
“I might (move Gardner to the leadoff spot),” Girardi said. “He’s going so well, it’s something I’ll definitely consider. Just wait and see what happens.”
That should calm everyone down. Right?
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)