Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
It’s become fairly routine by now: each afternoon, roughly around 3:30 or so, the Yankees lineup for that night’s game is posted and, immediately thereafter, my Twitter feed blows up.
Half of the people yelling are Yankees fans complaining that Derek Jeter is still in the lineup spot. The other half are a second group of Yankees fans telling the first set of Yankees fans to shut up and quit complaining about it because it’s not going to do anything any good and dear god, don’t we have other things to worry about.
Actually, that’s pretty much the pattern for any issues related to the Yankees. You don’t see many “well, you have a good point, I see where you’re coming from” tweets when the Yankees are involved.
But that little back-and-forth could change soon, as Joe Giradi said before last night’s game that Jeter could possibly be moved out of the leadoff spot:
“I might (move Gardner to the leadoff spot),” Girardi said. “He’s going so well, it’s something I’ll definitely consider. Just wait and see what happens.”
That should calm everyone down. Right?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 8
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)