Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
It’s become fairly routine by now: each afternoon, roughly around 3:30 or so, the Yankees lineup for that night’s game is posted and, immediately thereafter, my Twitter feed blows up.
Half of the people yelling are Yankees fans complaining that Derek Jeter is still in the lineup spot. The other half are a second group of Yankees fans telling the first set of Yankees fans to shut up and quit complaining about it because it’s not going to do anything any good and dear god, don’t we have other things to worry about.
Actually, that’s pretty much the pattern for any issues related to the Yankees. You don’t see many “well, you have a good point, I see where you’re coming from” tweets when the Yankees are involved.
But that little back-and-forth could change soon, as Joe Giradi said before last night’s game that Jeter could possibly be moved out of the leadoff spot:
“I might (move Gardner to the leadoff spot),” Girardi said. “He’s going so well, it’s something I’ll definitely consider. Just wait and see what happens.”
That should calm everyone down. Right?
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)