Jose Canseco is having a rough day, you guys

Jul 21, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT

bad day book

Of all the potential things to become known for after retiring from professional baseball, doing weird, vaguely controversial stuff and complaining about various incidents on Twitter seems like an ideal fit for Jose Canseco.

Along those lines his latest project involves what appears to be a messy breakup and … well, I’ll let Canseco’s tweets fill in the blanks.

But first: Chin up, big guy! If you think you’re having a rough day, try being someone with 390,000 fewer followers than Jose Canseco! That’s rough.

source:

1. Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM

What sadder? Those comments by Jose Canseco on his Tweeter feed…or that they are the subject of an actual post on a blog whose respectability I am beginning to wonder about? Say it ain’t so…

• atworkident - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Starting to wonder about… how long have you been reading that you are just now starting to wonder?

• kander013 - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM

What’s up with the hate towards Aaron?

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM

To be honest, I didn’t even notice the writer. I don’t hate Aaron…I don’t agree with 99% of his posts, but it’s never anything personal. This one just makes me ask the question why…it isn’t like there isn’t a lot of news in MLB. This is something I would expect on PBT.com with Shaq’s twitter feed, not HBT.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM

OK, sorry…I love Aaron and agree with 99% of everything he writes. LOL.

2. gammagammahey - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM

How do you reuse a broken bat?

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Awesome point…

• dexterismyhero - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM

To stab himself in the eyeballs. What a tool.

• isdtyrant - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Ask Mike Piazza

• Vincent - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I’m sure tons of people have asked him on Twitter. Maybe we should just wait for his answer.

3. minnesconsin - Jul 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM

enormous high five to gleeman for using the cover of my favorite childhood book to illustrate this article. i always felt that, in a way, i was Alexander. why couldn’t that poor kid just get colored sneaks like his siblings? WHY!?!?

• addictedzone - Jul 21, 2011 at 3:14 PM

To compare the great Alexander to Jose is just wrong. We both know that Alexander would be welcome anywhere. Jose, not so much. Jose has to learn to accept that some days are like that, even in Australia. To be fair to Jose though, he was kicking the white shoes while in Oakland.

4. jimbo1949 - Jul 21, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Maybe Ozzie’s been harassing her and she just can’t tell the difference.

5. adeedothatswho - Jul 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM

She’s a Man Eater? Jose is apparently a Hall and Oates fan….

6. foreverchipper10 - Jul 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Hey! I used to have that book when I was a kid!

7. Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 7:31 PM

You know, we all have our problems, and some have more than others.

The minute I feel sorry for Jose Canseco is the minute I become a washed up 40something ex baseball millionaire who made his name by roiding up, calling out everybody else for doing the same damn thing he did and then striving to hang on to the fake celebrity world by making a mockery out of himself.

Jose, don’t go away raging, just go the eff away.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2979)