Jul 21, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Another day, another injury for the Cardinals.
No one was able to provide much in the way of details beyond that, although Goold did find out that the “finger issue” is not a blister and for now at least Lohse remains the Cardinals’ scheduled starter for Sunday’s game against the Pirates.
Lohse has lost three straight starts and allowed 13 baserunners in 5.1 innings while managing just one strikeout in his last start against the Mets on Tuesday.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 12
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 20
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)