Jul 21, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
Scott drove in a run with a groundout in the first inning, smashed a two-run homer to center field in the third, hit a two-run double in the fifth and ended the night with a solo shot. He now has three home runs in three Double-A rehab games.
Scott has experienced a couple of setbacks with his sore right shoulder and the Orioles were planning on asking him to spend a considerable amount of time on playing minor league rehab games, but tonight’s performance may have changed their minds. Kubatko, for one, suspects that the 33-year-old will be activated from the disabled list this weekend to serve as Baltimore’s DH during a three-game set against the Angels.
Scott was batting .223/.305/.408 with nine homers and 22 RBI through 233 plate appearances.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)