Jul 21, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
Scott drove in a run with a groundout in the first inning, smashed a two-run homer to center field in the third, hit a two-run double in the fifth and ended the night with a solo shot. He now has three home runs in three Double-A rehab games.
Scott has experienced a couple of setbacks with his sore right shoulder and the Orioles were planning on asking him to spend a considerable amount of time on playing minor league rehab games, but tonight’s performance may have changed their minds. Kubatko, for one, suspects that the 33-year-old will be activated from the disabled list this weekend to serve as Baltimore’s DH during a three-game set against the Angels.
Scott was batting .223/.305/.408 with nine homers and 22 RBI through 233 plate appearances.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)