Jul 21, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
Scott drove in a run with a groundout in the first inning, smashed a two-run homer to center field in the third, hit a two-run double in the fifth and ended the night with a solo shot. He now has three home runs in three Double-A rehab games.
Scott has experienced a couple of setbacks with his sore right shoulder and the Orioles were planning on asking him to spend a considerable amount of time on playing minor league rehab games, but tonight’s performance may have changed their minds. Kubatko, for one, suspects that the 33-year-old will be activated from the disabled list this weekend to serve as Baltimore’s DH during a three-game set against the Angels.
Scott was batting .223/.305/.408 with nine homers and 22 RBI through 233 plate appearances.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 58
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 48
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)