Jul 21, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Scott drove in a run with a groundout in the first inning, smashed a two-run homer to center field in the third, hit a two-run double in the fifth and ended the night with a solo shot. He now has three home runs in three Double-A rehab games.
Scott has experienced a couple of setbacks with his sore right shoulder and the Orioles were planning on asking him to spend a considerable amount of time on playing minor league rehab games, but tonight’s performance may have changed their minds. Kubatko, for one, suspects that the 33-year-old will be activated from the disabled list this weekend to serve as Baltimore’s DH during a three-game set against the Angels.
Scott was batting .223/.305/.408 with nine homers and 22 RBI through 233 plate appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)