Jul 21, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Scott drove in a run with a groundout in the first inning, smashed a two-run homer to center field in the third, hit a two-run double in the fifth and ended the night with a solo shot. He now has three home runs in three Double-A rehab games.
Scott has experienced a couple of setbacks with his sore right shoulder and the Orioles were planning on asking him to spend a considerable amount of time on playing minor league rehab games, but tonight’s performance may have changed their minds. Kubatko, for one, suspects that the 33-year-old will be activated from the disabled list this weekend to serve as Baltimore’s DH during a three-game set against the Angels.
Scott was batting .223/.305/.408 with nine homers and 22 RBI through 233 plate appearances.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)