Jul 21, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
CarGo has inflamed ligaments in his right wrist / CarGo presentó inflamación en los ligamentos de su muñeca derecha.
Gonzalez was removed from Thursday’s game against the Braves after complaining of soreness in his troublesome right wrist following a fifth-inning swing. He was sent to a local hospital in Denver for X-rays and an MRI, both of which came back relatively clean — showing no structural damage.
The news is good, but CarGo isn’t out of the woods yet. He’s been having problems with his wrist since early July and could still need a stint on the 15-day disabled list in onrder to calm the lingering inflammation.
Gonzalez, 25, has posted an .839 OPS, 14 homers and 55 RBI in 91 games this year. He also has 16 steals.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)