Jul 21, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
CarGo has inflamed ligaments in his right wrist / CarGo presentó inflamación en los ligamentos de su muñeca derecha.
Gonzalez was removed from Thursday’s game against the Braves after complaining of soreness in his troublesome right wrist following a fifth-inning swing. He was sent to a local hospital in Denver for X-rays and an MRI, both of which came back relatively clean — showing no structural damage.
The news is good, but CarGo isn’t out of the woods yet. He’s been having problems with his wrist since early July and could still need a stint on the 15-day disabled list in onrder to calm the lingering inflammation.
Gonzalez, 25, has posted an .839 OPS, 14 homers and 55 RBI in 91 games this year. He also has 16 steals.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 25
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 20
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 32
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (98)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)