Jul 21, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
CarGo has inflamed ligaments in his right wrist / CarGo presentó inflamación en los ligamentos de su muñeca derecha.
Gonzalez was removed from Thursday’s game against the Braves after complaining of soreness in his troublesome right wrist following a fifth-inning swing. He was sent to a local hospital in Denver for X-rays and an MRI, both of which came back relatively clean — showing no structural damage.
The news is good, but CarGo isn’t out of the woods yet. He’s been having problems with his wrist since early July and could still need a stint on the 15-day disabled list in onrder to calm the lingering inflammation.
Gonzalez, 25, has posted an .839 OPS, 14 homers and 55 RBI in 91 games this year. He also has 16 steals.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)