Jul 21, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
CarGo has inflamed ligaments in his right wrist / CarGo presentó inflamación en los ligamentos de su muñeca derecha.
Gonzalez was removed from Thursday’s game against the Braves after complaining of soreness in his troublesome right wrist following a fifth-inning swing. He was sent to a local hospital in Denver for X-rays and an MRI, both of which came back relatively clean — showing no structural damage.
The news is good, but CarGo isn’t out of the woods yet. He’s been having problems with his wrist since early July and could still need a stint on the 15-day disabled list in onrder to calm the lingering inflammation.
Gonzalez, 25, has posted an .839 OPS, 14 homers and 55 RBI in 91 games this year. He also has 16 steals.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)