Jul 21, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
CarGo has inflamed ligaments in his right wrist / CarGo presentó inflamación en los ligamentos de su muñeca derecha.
Gonzalez was removed from Thursday’s game against the Braves after complaining of soreness in his troublesome right wrist following a fifth-inning swing. He was sent to a local hospital in Denver for X-rays and an MRI, both of which came back relatively clean — showing no structural damage.
The news is good, but CarGo isn’t out of the woods yet. He’s been having problems with his wrist since early July and could still need a stint on the 15-day disabled list in onrder to calm the lingering inflammation.
Gonzalez, 25, has posted an .839 OPS, 14 homers and 55 RBI in 91 games this year. He also has 16 steals.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 0
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 43
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)