Jul 21, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Scary incident down in Miami, as Orlando Hudson had to be carried off the field on a stretcher during today’s Marlins-Padres game.
Hudson hurt himself when he slammed against the wall down the right field line while making a diving catch. He was on the ground for about five minutes, apparently unconscious during part of that time, as trainers attended to him. He was strapped into a stretcher and carted off the field. He was seen moving his arms and hands as he was being taken away.
Scary stuff. We’ll update as we learn more.
UPDATE: The Padres tweet that Hudson is “alert and at his locker moving around on his own.” He’s going to undergo precautionary tests. The trainers said it “looked worse than it is.”
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 27
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)