Jul 21, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Scary incident down in Miami, as Orlando Hudson had to be carried off the field on a stretcher during today’s Marlins-Padres game.
Hudson hurt himself when he slammed against the wall down the right field line while making a diving catch. He was on the ground for about five minutes, apparently unconscious during part of that time, as trainers attended to him. He was strapped into a stretcher and carted off the field. He was seen moving his arms and hands as he was being taken away.
Scary stuff. We’ll update as we learn more.
UPDATE: The Padres tweet that Hudson is “alert and at his locker moving around on his own.” He’s going to undergo precautionary tests. The trainers said it “looked worse than it is.”
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 0
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 15
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)