Jul 21, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Scary incident down in Miami, as Orlando Hudson had to be carried off the field on a stretcher during today’s Marlins-Padres game.
Hudson hurt himself when he slammed against the wall down the right field line while making a diving catch. He was on the ground for about five minutes, apparently unconscious during part of that time, as trainers attended to him. He was strapped into a stretcher and carted off the field. He was seen moving his arms and hands as he was being taken away.
Scary stuff. We’ll update as we learn more.
UPDATE: The Padres tweet that Hudson is “alert and at his locker moving around on his own.” He’s going to undergo precautionary tests. The trainers said it “looked worse than it is.”
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)