Jul 21, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Scary incident down in Miami, as Orlando Hudson had to be carried off the field on a stretcher during today’s Marlins-Padres game.
Hudson hurt himself when he slammed against the wall down the right field line while making a diving catch. He was on the ground for about five minutes, apparently unconscious during part of that time, as trainers attended to him. He was strapped into a stretcher and carted off the field. He was seen moving his arms and hands as he was being taken away.
Scary stuff. We’ll update as we learn more.
UPDATE: The Padres tweet that Hudson is “alert and at his locker moving around on his own.” He’s going to undergo precautionary tests. The trainers said it “looked worse than it is.”
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 0
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)