Jul 21, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Scary incident down in Miami, as Orlando Hudson had to be carried off the field on a stretcher during today’s Marlins-Padres game.
Hudson hurt himself when he slammed against the wall down the right field line while making a diving catch. He was on the ground for about five minutes, apparently unconscious during part of that time, as trainers attended to him. He was strapped into a stretcher and carted off the field. He was seen moving his arms and hands as he was being taken away.
Scary stuff. We’ll update as we learn more.
UPDATE: The Padres tweet that Hudson is “alert and at his locker moving around on his own.” He’s going to undergo precautionary tests. The trainers said it “looked worse than it is.”
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 15
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 36
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)