Jul 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Just yesterday, Matthew noted that the Cardinals had the longest streak of stolen-base-free games since 1977. A total of 32 at the time, which stretched to 33 in last night’s game against the Mets.
I guess he jinxed it, because the Cardinals just stole a base in the top of the ninth in today’s game. Yadier Molina of all people. I guess the Mets weren’t expecting that.
Congratulations, Cardinals. Now Lou Brock won’t pretend like he doesn’t know you guys anymore.
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 8
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)