Jul 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Just yesterday, Matthew noted that the Cardinals had the longest streak of stolen-base-free games since 1977. A total of 32 at the time, which stretched to 33 in last night’s game against the Mets.
I guess he jinxed it, because the Cardinals just stole a base in the top of the ninth in today’s game. Yadier Molina of all people. I guess the Mets weren’t expecting that.
Congratulations, Cardinals. Now Lou Brock won’t pretend like he doesn’t know you guys anymore.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)