Jul 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Just yesterday, Matthew noted that the Cardinals had the longest streak of stolen-base-free games since 1977. A total of 32 at the time, which stretched to 33 in last night’s game against the Mets.
I guess he jinxed it, because the Cardinals just stole a base in the top of the ninth in today’s game. Yadier Molina of all people. I guess the Mets weren’t expecting that.
Congratulations, Cardinals. Now Lou Brock won’t pretend like he doesn’t know you guys anymore.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)