Jul 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Just yesterday, Matthew noted that the Cardinals had the longest streak of stolen-base-free games since 1977. A total of 32 at the time, which stretched to 33 in last night’s game against the Mets.
I guess he jinxed it, because the Cardinals just stole a base in the top of the ninth in today’s game. Yadier Molina of all people. I guess the Mets weren’t expecting that.
Congratulations, Cardinals. Now Lou Brock won’t pretend like he doesn’t know you guys anymore.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 19
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 20
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (80)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)