Jul 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Just yesterday, Matthew noted that the Cardinals had the longest streak of stolen-base-free games since 1977. A total of 32 at the time, which stretched to 33 in last night’s game against the Mets.
I guess he jinxed it, because the Cardinals just stole a base in the top of the ninth in today’s game. Yadier Molina of all people. I guess the Mets weren’t expecting that.
Congratulations, Cardinals. Now Lou Brock won’t pretend like he doesn’t know you guys anymore.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 0
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)