You asked me questions on Twitter. So I shall answer them.

Jul 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT

The Question

Q: Worse retread for the Braves — Frenchy or Melky?

This was just one of a half dozen questions asking me — or rather, baiting me — into speculating about whether that mystery right-handed bat the Braves are reportedly close to acquiring is Jeff Francoeur, and exactly how I’d feel about that.  Well, here’s how I’d feel about that.

Q: So, forget “pistols at dawn”… Hamilton vs Burr, steel cage match… Who wins this time?

Burr again. Because when Hamilton is about to win via his feared “Hamiltonian Hammer” submission move, Burr receives illicit outside assistance from Harmon Blennerhassett, tipping the match in his favor.  Pfun Pfact: the junior high school I went to was named after that guy. Seriously, a guy who bankrolled a plot to commit treason against the United States government, assisted by the guy who shot and killed a Founding Father, is the namesake of a junior high school!  I played football. We were called the Bobcats. We should have been the Traitors.

Q: Is ketchup an acceptable condiment for scrambled eggs?

Lots of people do it. Of course, lots of people used to treat illness by putting leeches on their body, but that didn’t mean it was the right thing to do.

Q: What is the most boring robot in the history of film and television?

Did something happen in robot news last night? Because this was one of two TV-robot questions I was asked, the other being whether I preferred Robby the Robot or the robot from “Lost in Space.”  Whatever the case, I think the most boring robot ever was Twiki from the “Buck Rogers” show. Any time not devoted to Erin Gray or Markie Post on that show was wasted time.

Q: What do you think of the inverted scrolling in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion?

I’m led to believe by Mac disciples that this is something I should care about.  Then again, I long stopped keeping track of things Mac disciples cared a lot about.  Apple makes some cool products, but collectively, Mac fanboys are the boys who cried “awesome!”

Q: Is Vance Worley the best pitcher ever? Or just the best pitcher right now?

I never cease to be amazed — and pleasantly amused — at how excited Phillies fans can get over Phillies players.  Worley may not be the best example of this — he has a lot of promise — but last year they all fell in love with Mike Sweeney because he smiled kind of nice once.  If they called up a prospect and he managed to get off the jetway at the airport without tripping and falling, they’d crow about him as the greatest thing since sliced bread.  It’s sweet, actually.

Q: What player should the Pirates focus most on acquiring?

Ralph Kiner.

Q: What are your thoughts on Norway?

A scourge which must be eradicated if free men ever wish to flourish.

Q: When will the Tigers ever be truly good?

When they eliminate the second half of the baseball seasons.

Q: Can the Twins win a game against the Yankees in the postseason? Also, why did I go to law school?

No, and because your law school basically lied to you when it told you about the number of its graduates who were employed within six months of graduation, masking the fact that in this day and age young J.D.s are accepting temp jobs and working at restaurants and stuff because the legal profession is finally starting to realize that it’s not the army and that it can’t and shouldn’t accept thousands of new recruits every year as if the industry were in some perpetual expansion.  But the law schools can’t tell you that because then they wouldn’t be able to extract $100,000 or more from you.  Enjoy the bar exam next week, however!

Q: How deep were you in the early’90s David Justice hype?

Not too deep. I appreciated his talents but didn’t think he was some sort of inner-circle great or anything.  I looked around and saw guys like Bonds playing and knew that there was a whole other level which Justice was not likely to ever achieve.

Q: Where would Ryan Dempster pitch in the 2003 Cubs rotation?

Well, Shawn Estes got 28 starts on that team while sporting a 5.73 ERA, so I suppose Dempster could slide in nicely at the five-spot.

Q: Jim Caple is rating every stadium in his column. What are your favorite stadiums in baseball?

AT&T Park is my favorite. Convenient since San Francisco is my favorite U.S. city.  I also loved Dodger Stadium when I went there. Progressive Field is fantastic, as is Camden Yards.

Q: Why does Angelina Jolie feed crickets to her children

Because beautiful women can get away with absolutely anything they want. They’re probably a lot better for her kids than chicken nuggets, though, so let’s not hate.

Q: “Storage Wars” or “Storage Hunters?”

See, this is why I don’t watch TV anymore.

Q: What is the worst TV show you love to watch?

Like I said, I really don’t watch much TV. I watch ballgames and I watch entire series of decent things on Netflix Instant while I workout, but apart from “Breaking Bad” I don’t watch any currently-produced shows. This is not a snobby, anti-TV point I’m making here, mind you. I used to veg out all the time and probably still would if the deluge of reality TV and other garbage hadn’t turned me off TV and onto other things to do with my evenings a few years ago.  I realize now that there are some good shows being made, but I just don’t have it in me to get in the habit.

I will tell you my all-time guiltiest pleasure, though: in the summer of 1994 there was some short-lived nighttime soap called “Hotel Malibu.” It maybe had 6 episodes or so on ABC.  I watched all six and got mad when it wasn’t picked up. I realized at the time it was awful, but I didn’t care. Probably helped that I had just broken my collar bone when I discovered it and couldn’t do much except for stare at the TV all day. And that was when I lived in a campus apartment and didn’t have cable, so there were only four channels.

Q:  If the Reds trade for Shields, do they trade Yonder Alonso to get him?

The Rays certainly ask for him, right?

Q: What do you think is the top-to-bottom best looking movie cast of all-time?

Great question.  Gut answer with no thinking: the Clooney version of “Ocean’s 11.”  I mean, Julia Roberts is probably the ugliest one in that bunch. And yes, I am aware Elliott Gould has a major role.

Q: Which is better at getting you emotionally involved in the characters, Star Wars, Firefly/Serenity, or (the new) Battlestar Galactica?

I’d say Firefly. Really, the only interesting character in Star Wars was Han Solo, and I’ve gotten more value in imagining what kind of adventures he could have gotten into than anything George Lucas actually did with him (credit Harrison Ford for everything Han Solo was).  Battlestar may make me care more later, but for as much as I like the show overall so far (I’m 10 episodes in), I’m having a hard time getting into any of the characters besides Gaius, and I think that his schtick is going to wear thin soon.  That leaves Firefly.  It only had a few episodes — and when you really scrutinize those episodes, you realize that they all could have come from 1960s or 1970s dramas — but I really did love the characters.

Q: Best show you saw at The 9:30 Club?

That’s the D.C. rock club I mentioned in a post the other day. My days of going there were between 1996 and 1998, so it was a while back.  I didn’t go to a ton of shows there, but I enjoyed seeing Frank Black there during his “Cult of Ray” tour.  I saw Beck there too and had a blast. Most fun I ever had at that place though was for Kula Shaker.  I would have bet you a million bucks after that show that they would have been bigger here than they ever got. Then again, I’m not exactly on the cutting edge of anything when it comes to music, now or 15 years ago. The worst act, by far, I’ve ever seen was at 9:30 also: Rasputina. Oh dear god, that was awful.

Q: Any update yet on who might be some of the player on the list of players to be named later involved in the K Rod deal?

Benjamin Franklin, Ulysses S. Grant, Andrew Jackson, Alexander Hamilton, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.

Q: Who’s hotter: Troi, Uhura, Dax, or Pedroia?

Star Trek women are never properly described as “hot,” I don’t believe. Some of them are very nice to look at, but it is pretty clear that most of their lines were written by men who didn’t understand anything about women.  Which was fine, because neither did the audience.

Q: What under the radar player that might get moved by the deadline?

Albert Pujols. Crap, really, I don’t know.  I also suspect that if I said a name it would pop up on some rumors site. Not that my word means so much, but because the threshold for what constitutes a rumor has gotten so low these days.

Q: Hideki Matsui just smacked his 500th home run. Is he the most successful Asian MLB player thus far?

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got somethin to say, but nothin comes out when they move their lips; just a bunch of gibberish, and motherf***ers act like they forgot about Ichiro.

Q: Did Nats made a mistake firing Riggleman?

They did not fire Riggleman. He quit.

Q: How does one get so much snark in them? Genes? Experience? What’s the secret?

You grow up in a house where wisecracks are more common than hugs. Which, in my experience, was way more fun.

Q: Are the the three Hall of Fame inductees — Blyleven, Alomar, and Gillick — on the same footing? Or should we say one deserved in more than others?

Deserves got nothing to do with it. Once you’re past the voting threshold, they’re all Hall of Famers. That said, Alomar would have a way better basis for complaining if he was on the outside looking in.

Q: There was a Brad Clontz reference in HBT this week. Do you have an all-time favorite non-descript reliever?

Wait, I didn’t write the Brad Clontz thing. And frankly I’m shocked that one of the other HBT guys would reach for Clontz. Shocked in a good way. Brad friggin’ Clontz!

Q: Why in the world would the Phillies trade Dom Brown for three months of Beltran as other writers have suggested?

I can’t see why. Tells you more about the writers than it does about any potential trade.

Q: First team to get a new stadium: A’s or Dodgers?

The A’s, but I have no idea where it will be.

Q: How do you feel mortgaging your children’s future relationships for their obsession of Star Wars now?

I don’t worry about the girl. Women who like sci-fi stuff are some of the coolest women you’ll ever meet, and they tend to do pretty well socially.  I’ll admit, though, I fear for the boy’s future. I was able to keep my geekdom closeted for much of my adolescence, but I fear Carlo is going to let his nerd flag fly and will thus be living with his mother and me until he’s 40.

Q: With August and September fast approaching, how excited are you for the upcoming malty goodness of fall beers?

It will be nice. I have a hard time drinking really malty hoppy things when it’s a million degrees out.

Q:  What fielder would you like to see make a pitching cameo in a blow out or extra innings game?

Furcal. I haven’t watched him for a while, but I assume his arm still rocks.

Q: How underrated is Futurama? What’s your favorite cartoon and charter?

I fear it’s on the “so often referred to as underrated that it’s starting to get overrated” track, though it’s not there yet.  I assume you mean animated cartoon. If not, it’s Steve Dallas from “Bloom County.”  If it’s animated, I’ll go with old school Simpsons (through 1999 or so) and Lionel Hutz.  And it’s just a coincidence that they’re both lawyers.

Q: What World Series moment best captures the feeling of your days as a lawyer?

When Clemens threw the broken bat barrel at Piazza.  I spent about 11 years with that same “what in the hell is happening?” look on my face that Piazza had at that moment.

That’s all for this week, folks. Talk to you next Wednesday night!

1. shawnuel - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I think it is just as likely the Rays ask for Grandal. I like his upside more than Alonso’s.

2. Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM

You are a master-baiter Craig. But you hooked me in. It was a VERY small minority who “fell in love with” Mike Sweeney. I always wondered why people loved the guy because he hugged people in the dugout. Whatever.

But don’t compare that with liking Worley. First, Worley is young while Sweeney was on his way out of baseball. And second, even though the SABR guys will tell you that Worley has been playing “average baseball”, he has been nothing short of amazing. Whether he continues that remains to be seen. But the biggest problem I have with the SABR people is that they never live in the present. Everything is “future based” which, when you get right down to it, is a very sad way to watch baseball.

• wlschneider09 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM

….thus fulfilling the comment “I never cease to be amazed — and pleasantly amused — at how excited Phillies fans can get over Phillies players. “

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Yeah, I guess a guy(Worley) who has pitched as well as anybody in baseball over his last 6 starts is someone who Phillies fans should just say “eh, his xFIP is 3.99 so why bother even caring about it”? LOL…you Philly-haters crack me up.

• Joe - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM

For one thing, SABR has TONS of members who care not about stats.

But of course you are referring to people into sabermetrics (“stat geeks”). And as a self-professed stat geek, I love watching great baseball. As a Red Sox fan, I’m having fun watching Josh Reddick tear it up the past few weeks. But I’m also not under the illusion that he’s going to put up a 1.000 OPS for much longer.

Same with Worley. Nice pitcher, doing great things right now, but don’t talk about him like he’s the Fifth Ace.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Who said anything about him being the 5th Ace? I said his last 6 starts, he has been as good as anybody else in baseball. That has nothing to do with future performance. Nor does it mean I think he is the 5th Ace. I do think he is someone to, for now, legitimately be excited about. To say that it is “typical of Phillies fans” to get excited over the guy is complete bullshit and unfair of Craig to write. But I secretly know it was his way of tweaking the Philly fans…thus the reason I called him the master-bater.

• Joe - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Who said I’m specifically referring to what you wrote (after I posted). Craig referred to Phillies fans, not Chris Fiorentino. I’m sure there are Phillies fans who are less reasonable than you, Chris. Lord knows there are plenty of silly Red Sox fans.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Joe…Joe…Joe. First, you replied to my post. So I apologize for assuming you were talking to me and about my post. Second, Craig is implying that Phillies fans are different than other fans when he singles them out…the master-bater that he is. Third, I’ll repy to your last sentence by saying you can remove the “Red Sox” and say there are plenty of silly fans out there. Craig just loves to stick it to the Phillies fans. Guess it’s just a nasty habit he has now or something. Oh well, like I said, he got me this time. But he won’t next time.

You hear me, Calcaterra…next time, I won’t give it to your taunts…I swear it…

• b7p19 - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM

It may be a sad way to watch baseball, but it’s a great way to analyze baseball. The key to SABR is to seperate the two, as you astutley point out. There is no problem with loving how well Worley is playing right now, but it does seem like Phillies fans take it overboard and expect him to continue (as do other fans I suppose). My three cents, not that you wanted it.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM

b7, I am sure, like all fanbases out there, there are people who go overboard. Garsh, look at the Yankees fans who think that Cy Colon and Cy Garcia are their old selves because they threw one good start this past few days. It happens. All I am saying is that for people to ONLY look at xFIP, BABIP, etc. and say that Worley has been “average” is ludicrous. Even the person who wrote that initially agreed that he understated Worley’s play. The guy has been nothing short of amazing his last 6 starts. Does that mean he will keep it up? I highly doubt it. But as a Phillies fan, I will enjoy it while it is happening. And I won’t let guys like Craig get away with lumping us all in because last year, a couple idiots said they like Sweeney because he hugged guys in the dugout and compare them to this year’s legitimate reason to like a guy like Worley.

That was patently unfair, even for the master-bater himself.

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:26 AM

We should temper our excitement, afterall, this has *Happ*-ened before

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM

blue, that’s true…and if you think about it, if the NinJr. turns Worley into Kemp, then it would be similar to when he turned Happ into Oswalt…I like it.

• uberfatty - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Chris, I never said I understated his play. I said that I misstated what I was refering to as average. We are debating two different things. You say he HAS been great, to which I would say well yes, his results have looked great. I say his peripherals point to him being the EXACT same pitcher, and even that being the case his ERA will regress towards his xFIP. To put it another way, he has been lucky on balls hit in play (BABIP) and HR allowed (HR/FB%). This has led to his results appearing to make him a better pitcher than he actually is. Can we at least agree on that basic point?

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I am sorry, but I don’t consider a .265 BABIP as especially lucky. Cole Hamels BABIP is .268 and I wouldn’t consider him lucky.

Look, if you want to say that Worley is going to even out, then I’ll agree with that 100%…he’s not going to end the year with a 2.01 ERA and a 190 ERA+. He’s not a career 2.01 ERA guy with a 190+ ERA. However, I don’t think he has been lucky. He’s been pitching extremely well. He’ll start to falter when the hitters get more looks at him. He’ll also start to falter when he gets into a higher innings count for the year than he is used to as a young pitcher.

But to just write off his season so far as “lucky” is a bit ludicrous. I could see if he were 10-0 with a 5 ERA and I came on here saying he is unbeatable. Well, no that would be pretty stupid. But to say that a 190 ERA+ is nothing but luck? That’s a concept no amount of peripheral stats will prove to me. The guy’s on fire…he’s throwing well…he’s fooling hitters…he’s pitching out of some self-imposed jams. He walks too many guys for my liking, but he’s also young. The fact is that in his last 6 starts, he has a 0.94 ERA, a WHIP under 1 even with all the walks, and he’s 4-0. Say what you want, but that is pretty damn impressive no matter what the stats say about it and no matter how he does for the rest of the season.

• nolanwiffle - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Simply admit Brooks Robinson is the greatest third baseman to ever play the game, and all will be forgiven.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I will never admit that when I watched the greatest third baseman of all time play. His name was Michael Jack Schmidt. Brooks was the greatest jailhouse librarian of all time.

• nolanwiffle - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM

With all due respect, no bibliognost worth his salt would carry a goddam cawing blackbird in his shirt pocket.

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Now, wiffle my son, go sit in the corner and think about what you just said……..( and if you don’t believe me, baseballreference.com will show you the way )

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Whether anybody “admits” to Brooks Robinson being the greatest third bagger to ever play the game does not make it one of the mostest wrongest statements ever to have been uttered.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM

—facepalm— My kingdom for an edit button….

Of course I meant:
        “Whether anybody ‘admits’ to Brooks Robinson being the greatest third bagger to ever play the game does not MEAN IT ISN’T one of the mostest wrongest statements ever to have been uttered.”

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM

My dear Hair, so very few things I take a stand on in baseball, like the greatest hitting pitcher of all time….I argued for Brooks at one point, got housed, did my due dilligence, and upon further research, it’s not as close as folks would like it to be….

Of course if you were talking Charlie Hayes, then you might be onto something….

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:55 PM

It’s Michael Jack, hands down. Charlie Hayes lost all respect when he went to the Dark Side.

• nolanwiffle - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM

UH- with an edit function I would then retract the lone “Thumbs Down” to your initial statement. It was given only because I could make no sense of what you’d written.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Actually, you can change that vote. Just go up and click the appropriate thumb and it will shift the vote. But I understand. You’d probably give me a thumbs down for the clarification anyway.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM

The whole thing about Sweeney was primarily because we thought he was the second coming of Matt Stairs.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I didn’t UH. I thought the whole “Isn’t it nice that Mike Sweeney has a chance to play with a winner” thing was a bit overblown. Sure, he seems like a great guy. So what? I didn’t care then and I don’t care now. Besides, Matt Stairs hit the home run that propelled the Phillies into the 2008 World Series. He at least earned his love. Sweeney didn’t do squat except hug people.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I’m not saying it wasn’t irrational, but I am saying some people—admittedly myself included—saw the potential of Sweeney to be Matt Stairs.02.

3. pbsenerchia - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Craig, may I recommend for your hot weather drinking pleasure Dale’s Pale Ale – very flavorful but light-bodied, not malty/syrupy, and the strong citrus/pine hops flavor is cool and refreshing, almost like the mint in a mojito or julep.

• nolanwiffle - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Shiner Ruby Redbird. Man laws will be broken, but it’s fairly delicious.

• Jonny 5 - Jul 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Any Hefeweizen of quality tastes very good in the heat.

4. nolanwiffle - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM

…bearing in mind, of course, that on Carlo’s 39th birthday you could simply defenestrate him.

• jimbo1949 - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Depends on the size of the basement window.

• cur68 - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:49 AM

And Carlo at the time. Nerddom does not = exercise you know.

5. losburrosinblue - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Furcal would make an amazing pitcher. The batters would never know what was coming – fastball, changeup, heater-15-feet-away-from-home-plate. Nothing short of awesome, it would be.

6. heyblueyoustink - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Just remember Craig, no half measures………….

I always like Twiki too…..so I have to disagree……my answer would be Lou Dobbs

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Beedybeedybeedy-B-Buck…gotta admit Craig has a point about taking screen time from Erin Gray, though.

• Jonny 5 - Jul 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Leave Twiki alone!!!!

7. b7p19 - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Hot sauce is the only “condement” acceptable to put on scrambled eggs. Unless you consider bacon and sausage a condement.

• wlschneider09 - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I’ll take a nice hot salsa too.

8. Max Power - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM

When the adult child of a blogger lives at home, how does the basement situation sort itself out?

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Nice, very paradoxical. I’m thinking normally a bag o’ chiba, a staple of basement dwellers, would help them reach a treaty……with plenty of Fungos appropriated……

And double bonus on Max Power…….I have homer’s little Max Power jingle running through my head…….

9. sknut - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Favorite cartoon Character-Dr. Nick from the Simposons is pretty good too.

10. deathmonkey41 - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Julia Roberts is a horribly self-centered, mouth full of teeth. That’s all I have to say. Thanks for listening.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:03 PM

She easily has three or four times the number of teeth that a normal non-shark has.

11. robmoore - Jul 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Rasputina would be a great name for a drag queen.

12. cur68 - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Ahh, a Twitter Question day rife with Star Trek. I found out some interesting stuff at the bar last night. Remember James Doohan? Our man Scotty? Well my buddies were absolutely were flabbergasted that I had no idea about him as a person. They took it upon themselves to inform me that Scotty was as Canadian as back bacon, landed at Normandy as a member of the armed forces on D-Day, got a finger shot off as well as a belly wound and fathered a child when he was in his 70′s. Now I haven’t fact checked any of that because I want it all to be true and I don’t want to find out anything bad about Mr. Scott, either.

As for Carlo’s nerd flag; let it fly. Mine was a flappin’ proudly from the moment I discovered Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, and Lost in Space. I loved them all and still do. I turned out (mostly) ok and I think I’ve done pretty well in life (if you leave out my temporary accommodation in my bro’s basement while my house is being sold. Got a buyer, too, yeehaw!). Nerds are cool, or so I was informed by the comely young waitress I was smiling at last night. She seemed to be really taken with my audi’s car keys for some reason. Probably learned that lesson that all women eventually come too; jocks are pretty but poor, while nerds are, well, nerdy, but tend to have really good jobs. ¿Es usted el dinero?

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I’m always disappointed when something is advertised as having bacon…and out comes Canadian bacon. That ain’t bacon.

And, dude, you are a regular here at HBT. If that doesn’t scream “NOT OKAY,” I don’t know what does.

• cur68 - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Hey, that’s “okay” for a given low value of “okay”. I’m at least as “okay” as you and the rest of the cake lovin’ lifers on this thing and, while I realize that isn’t saying much, its better than those pie lovers. Now those guys need help. Like professional type help.

13. Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM

What’s with the Carlo references? I thought he was Oil Can.

• Craig Calcaterra - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Oil Can never stuck with him the way Mookie has with my daughter. He’s just totally Carlo as it is. Sometimes “Buddy,” which is what we use at home. Can’t force a nickname.

• Utley's Hair - Jul 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I’ve always had so many nicknames for my kid that it’s a wonder serious identity issues haven’t presented themselves with a vengeance.

• Jonny 5 - Jul 21, 2011 at 1:42 PM

2 weekends ago I was at the……. um, memorabilia store. And I looked down and saw an autographed Shelly Duncan baseball and busted out laughing thinking of how Mookie told him “Hey Shelley Duncan! My daddy saw your daddy in his underpants!” .

14. spindervish - Jul 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Kula Shaker. Oh man.

High school was a lot more fun than I realized at the time.

Three legends off to Cooperstown