Jul 22, 2011, 5:42 AM EDT
Padres 5, Marlins 3: Cameron Maybin sweeps the Marlins. Really, he did it all in this series, battering his old team to the tune of 9-for-14 with three RBI, five runs and five stolen bases, including a 4 for 5 day in this one.
Angels 1, Rangers 0: A tough luck loss for C.J. Wilson, who allowed only two hits over eight innings but had an unearned run score when a fly ball that should have been caught just bounced off Endy Chavez‘s glove in the second inning. Jered Weaver, Scott Downs and Jordan Walden combined to shut out the Rangers, error-free.
Braves 9, Rockies 6: Brooks Conrad, Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman each homered to help the Braves salvage a split. Conrad also used his God-given-grit to break up a double play, allowing another run to score. All combined to give cover to Tommy Hanson who kind of got beat around but got the win anyway.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 61
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)