Jul 22, 2011, 5:42 AM EDT
Padres 5, Marlins 3: Cameron Maybin sweeps the Marlins. Really, he did it all in this series, battering his old team to the tune of 9-for-14 with three RBI, five runs and five stolen bases, including a 4 for 5 day in this one.
Angels 1, Rangers 0: A tough luck loss for C.J. Wilson, who allowed only two hits over eight innings but had an unearned run score when a fly ball that should have been caught just bounced off Endy Chavez‘s glove in the second inning. Jered Weaver, Scott Downs and Jordan Walden combined to shut out the Rangers, error-free.
Braves 9, Rockies 6: Brooks Conrad, Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman each homered to help the Braves salvage a split. Conrad also used his God-given-grit to break up a double play, allowing another run to score. All combined to give cover to Tommy Hanson who kind of got beat around but got the win anyway.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)