Jul 22, 2011, 5:42 AM EDT
Padres 5, Marlins 3: Cameron Maybin sweeps the Marlins. Really, he did it all in this series, battering his old team to the tune of 9-for-14 with three RBI, five runs and five stolen bases, including a 4 for 5 day in this one.
Angels 1, Rangers 0: A tough luck loss for C.J. Wilson, who allowed only two hits over eight innings but had an unearned run score when a fly ball that should have been caught just bounced off Endy Chavez‘s glove in the second inning. Jered Weaver, Scott Downs and Jordan Walden combined to shut out the Rangers, error-free.
Braves 9, Rockies 6: Brooks Conrad, Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman each homered to help the Braves salvage a split. Conrad also used his God-given-grit to break up a double play, allowing another run to score. All combined to give cover to Tommy Hanson who kind of got beat around but got the win anyway.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 38
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)