Jul 22, 2011, 5:42 AM EST
Padres 5, Marlins 3: Cameron Maybin sweeps the Marlins. Really, he did it all in this series, battering his old team to the tune of 9-for-14 with three RBI, five runs and five stolen bases, including a 4 for 5 day in this one.
Angels 1, Rangers 0: A tough luck loss for C.J. Wilson, who allowed only two hits over eight innings but had an unearned run score when a fly ball that should have been caught just bounced off Endy Chavez‘s glove in the second inning. Jered Weaver, Scott Downs and Jordan Walden combined to shut out the Rangers, error-free.
Braves 9, Rockies 6: Brooks Conrad, Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman each homered to help the Braves salvage a split. Conrad also used his God-given-grit to break up a double play, allowing another run to score. All combined to give cover to Tommy Hanson who kind of got beat around but got the win anyway.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (225)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)