Jul 22, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Some details are emerging in connection with the arrests in the Bryan Stow case. Specifically, an anonymous law enforcement official is saying that the two men who were arrested yesterday made incriminating statements that implicated them in the attack. There was not, however, any forensic evidence against the men, so this could all be based on their confessions — if, indeed, these are confessions — and circumstantial evidence.
Charges are expected to be filed Monday. Which is awesome, but let us remember that the LAPD was confident that the last suspect — Giovanni Ramirez — was their man, and that turned out to be wrong. Even if they don’t waver on these two new suspects, you have to figure any decent defense lawyer would make much of the LAPD’s early uncertainty, thus making convictions far short of a sure thing.
In other news, this is interesting:
The family of the San Francisco Giants fan severely beaten outside Dodger Stadium says the hospitalized father of two appeared to mouth his last name and might have tried to give a thumbs-up.
Thin stuff to be sure, but if it’s something that gives the family hope, it’s good enough for me. Here’s hoping that good news continues to roll in.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)