Jul 22, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
Some details are emerging in connection with the arrests in the Bryan Stow case. Specifically, an anonymous law enforcement official is saying that the two men who were arrested yesterday made incriminating statements that implicated them in the attack. There was not, however, any forensic evidence against the men, so this could all be based on their confessions — if, indeed, these are confessions — and circumstantial evidence.
Charges are expected to be filed Monday. Which is awesome, but let us remember that the LAPD was confident that the last suspect — Giovanni Ramirez — was their man, and that turned out to be wrong. Even if they don’t waver on these two new suspects, you have to figure any decent defense lawyer would make much of the LAPD’s early uncertainty, thus making convictions far short of a sure thing.
In other news, this is interesting:
The family of the San Francisco Giants fan severely beaten outside Dodger Stadium says the hospitalized father of two appeared to mouth his last name and might have tried to give a thumbs-up.
Thin stuff to be sure, but if it’s something that gives the family hope, it’s good enough for me. Here’s hoping that good news continues to roll in.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)