Jul 22, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
For the first time since May 15 the Mets will have David Wright, Jose Reyes, and Carlos Beltran in the lineup together, with Wright coming off the disabled list after missing the past 58 games with a stress fracture in his lower back.
And they may not have more a week together, with Beltran seemingly increasingly likely to be traded by July 31.
Wright was having the worst season of his career before the injury, hitting just .226 with six homers and a .741 OPS in 39 games, but he went 10-for-21 (.476) with three doubles, six walks, and a 1.212 OPS while rehabbing in the minors.
He was a No. 3 hitter for all 39 games prior to the DL stint, but returns as the Mets’ cleanup hitter and will bat behind Beltran. Daniel Murphy was the primary fill in for Wright at third base, but will now shift across the diamond to first base and sub for the injured Ike Davis.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)