Jul 22, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
The Reds are missing more than Scott Rolen tonight.
According to Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News, Jay Bruce was scratched from tonight’s lineup against the Braves due to dizziness. However, the young outfielder said his symptoms have nothing to do with the mid-90s temperatures outside.
“Because I haven’t been outside today. I just woke up feeling really bad, feeling terrible. I don’t know what it is because I’m not good at self-diagnosis, but I’m going to see the trainers and I hope I’ll be OK enough that I can pinch-hit or play late in the game.”
Bruce, 24, is batting .266/.345/.496 with 21 homers and 57 RBI over 398 plate appearances this season. He’s hitting just .228 since the start of June.
The Reds enter play tonight at 48-50 and four games back in the National League Central.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)