Jul 22, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
The Reds are missing more than Scott Rolen tonight.
According to Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News, Jay Bruce was scratched from tonight’s lineup against the Braves due to dizziness. However, the young outfielder said his symptoms have nothing to do with the mid-90s temperatures outside.
“Because I haven’t been outside today. I just woke up feeling really bad, feeling terrible. I don’t know what it is because I’m not good at self-diagnosis, but I’m going to see the trainers and I hope I’ll be OK enough that I can pinch-hit or play late in the game.”
Bruce, 24, is batting .266/.345/.496 with 21 homers and 57 RBI over 398 plate appearances this season. He’s hitting just .228 since the start of June.
The Reds enter play tonight at 48-50 and four games back in the National League Central.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)