Jul 22, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
The Reds are missing more than Scott Rolen tonight.
According to Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News, Jay Bruce was scratched from tonight’s lineup against the Braves due to dizziness. However, the young outfielder said his symptoms have nothing to do with the mid-90s temperatures outside.
“Because I haven’t been outside today. I just woke up feeling really bad, feeling terrible. I don’t know what it is because I’m not good at self-diagnosis, but I’m going to see the trainers and I hope I’ll be OK enough that I can pinch-hit or play late in the game.”
Bruce, 24, is batting .266/.345/.496 with 21 homers and 57 RBI over 398 plate appearances this season. He’s hitting just .228 since the start of June.
The Reds enter play tonight at 48-50 and four games back in the National League Central.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)