Jul 22, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
The Reds are missing more than Scott Rolen tonight.
According to Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News, Jay Bruce was scratched from tonight’s lineup against the Braves due to dizziness. However, the young outfielder said his symptoms have nothing to do with the mid-90s temperatures outside.
“Because I haven’t been outside today. I just woke up feeling really bad, feeling terrible. I don’t know what it is because I’m not good at self-diagnosis, but I’m going to see the trainers and I hope I’ll be OK enough that I can pinch-hit or play late in the game.”
Bruce, 24, is batting .266/.345/.496 with 21 homers and 57 RBI over 398 plate appearances this season. He’s hitting just .228 since the start of June.
The Reds enter play tonight at 48-50 and four games back in the National League Central.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte