Jul 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse has been cleared to take his next turn in the rotation Sunday after leaving the Cardinals to have his injured right index finger examined by team doctors in St. Louis yesterday.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage, so Lohse has been placed in a temporary splint and given anti-inflammatory medication.
Lance Lynn will likely be on standby should the Cardinals decide Lohse isn’t able to pitch Sunday, but the right-hander was “relieved” to get the relatively positive news on what he feared may have been a serious injury.
However, with a 1-5 record and 5.70 ERA in his last eight starts Lohse is hardly out of the woods yet in terms of being able to pitch effectively through the finger problems.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)