Jul 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse has been cleared to take his next turn in the rotation Sunday after leaving the Cardinals to have his injured right index finger examined by team doctors in St. Louis yesterday.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage, so Lohse has been placed in a temporary splint and given anti-inflammatory medication.
Lance Lynn will likely be on standby should the Cardinals decide Lohse isn’t able to pitch Sunday, but the right-hander was “relieved” to get the relatively positive news on what he feared may have been a serious injury.
However, with a 1-5 record and 5.70 ERA in his last eight starts Lohse is hardly out of the woods yet in terms of being able to pitch effectively through the finger problems.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)