Jul 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse has been cleared to take his next turn in the rotation Sunday after leaving the Cardinals to have his injured right index finger examined by team doctors in St. Louis yesterday.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage, so Lohse has been placed in a temporary splint and given anti-inflammatory medication.
Lance Lynn will likely be on standby should the Cardinals decide Lohse isn’t able to pitch Sunday, but the right-hander was “relieved” to get the relatively positive news on what he feared may have been a serious injury.
However, with a 1-5 record and 5.70 ERA in his last eight starts Lohse is hardly out of the woods yet in terms of being able to pitch effectively through the finger problems.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)