Jul 22, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Hitting two homers in a Double-A game yesterday apparently convinced the Orioles that Luke Scott was done resting and rehabbing his shoulder injury, because he’s off the disabled list and back in the lineup for tonight’s game.
Scott performed horribly while trying to play through a partially torn labrum, hitting .187 in a 35-game stretch before finally shutting things down three weeks ago. He may still end up needing offseason surgery, but in the meantime he’ll give it another go after homering three times in three rehab games.
For tonight he’ll start at designated hitter and bat sixth, assuming the lineup card posted by the Orioles isn’t a fake.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29