Jul 22, 2011, 4:48 PM EST
Hitting two homers in a Double-A game yesterday apparently convinced the Orioles that Luke Scott was done resting and rehabbing his shoulder injury, because he’s off the disabled list and back in the lineup for tonight’s game.
Scott performed horribly while trying to play through a partially torn labrum, hitting .187 in a 35-game stretch before finally shutting things down three weeks ago. He may still end up needing offseason surgery, but in the meantime he’ll give it another go after homering three times in three rehab games.
For tonight he’ll start at designated hitter and bat sixth, assuming the lineup card posted by the Orioles isn’t a fake.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 73
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)