Jul 22, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Hitting two homers in a Double-A game yesterday apparently convinced the Orioles that Luke Scott was done resting and rehabbing his shoulder injury, because he’s off the disabled list and back in the lineup for tonight’s game.
Scott performed horribly while trying to play through a partially torn labrum, hitting .187 in a 35-game stretch before finally shutting things down three weeks ago. He may still end up needing offseason surgery, but in the meantime he’ll give it another go after homering three times in three rehab games.
For tonight he’ll start at designated hitter and bat sixth, assuming the lineup card posted by the Orioles isn’t a fake.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105