Jul 22, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Hitting two homers in a Double-A game yesterday apparently convinced the Orioles that Luke Scott was done resting and rehabbing his shoulder injury, because he’s off the disabled list and back in the lineup for tonight’s game.
Scott performed horribly while trying to play through a partially torn labrum, hitting .187 in a 35-game stretch before finally shutting things down three weeks ago. He may still end up needing offseason surgery, but in the meantime he’ll give it another go after homering three times in three rehab games.
For tonight he’ll start at designated hitter and bat sixth, assuming the lineup card posted by the Orioles isn’t a fake.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)