Jul 22, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Hitting two homers in a Double-A game yesterday apparently convinced the Orioles that Luke Scott was done resting and rehabbing his shoulder injury, because he’s off the disabled list and back in the lineup for tonight’s game.
Scott performed horribly while trying to play through a partially torn labrum, hitting .187 in a 35-game stretch before finally shutting things down three weeks ago. He may still end up needing offseason surgery, but in the meantime he’ll give it another go after homering three times in three rehab games.
For tonight he’ll start at designated hitter and bat sixth, assuming the lineup card posted by the Orioles isn’t a fake.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)