Jul 22, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
At least for a little while longer.
Peter Bourjos got through his workout fine Friday and will come off the DL on Saturday after missing 15 days with a strained right hamstring, the Orange County Register reports. Angels manager Mike Scioscia already said he’ll start in center field tomorrow.
Still, the plan is for Mike Trout to hang around for now. “There is a probability of overlap,” Scioscia said Friday. While Trout is just 4-for-30 since his callup, the Angels will want to make sure Bourjos is healthy before they send their phenom back down.
In the meantime, Trout will make his 10th big-league start tonight, batting eighth against the Orioles’ Alfredo Simon. While he’s struggled offensively, with just one extra-base hit and eight strikeouts in nine games, the Angels are 6-3 with him in the lineup.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final