Jul 22, 2011, 6:15 PM EST
At least for a little while longer.
Peter Bourjos got through his workout fine Friday and will come off the DL on Saturday after missing 15 days with a strained right hamstring, the Orange County Register reports. Angels manager Mike Scioscia already said he’ll start in center field tomorrow.
Still, the plan is for Mike Trout to hang around for now. “There is a probability of overlap,” Scioscia said Friday. While Trout is just 4-for-30 since his callup, the Angels will want to make sure Bourjos is healthy before they send their phenom back down.
In the meantime, Trout will make his 10th big-league start tonight, batting eighth against the Orioles’ Alfredo Simon. While he’s struggled offensively, with just one extra-base hit and eight strikeouts in nine games, the Angels are 6-3 with him in the lineup.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)