Jul 22, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
At least for a little while longer.
Peter Bourjos got through his workout fine Friday and will come off the DL on Saturday after missing 15 days with a strained right hamstring, the Orange County Register reports. Angels manager Mike Scioscia already said he’ll start in center field tomorrow.
Still, the plan is for Mike Trout to hang around for now. “There is a probability of overlap,” Scioscia said Friday. While Trout is just 4-for-30 since his callup, the Angels will want to make sure Bourjos is healthy before they send their phenom back down.
In the meantime, Trout will make his 10th big-league start tonight, batting eighth against the Orioles’ Alfredo Simon. While he’s struggled offensively, with just one extra-base hit and eight strikeouts in nine games, the Angels are 6-3 with him in the lineup.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)