Jul 22, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
At least for a little while longer.
Peter Bourjos got through his workout fine Friday and will come off the DL on Saturday after missing 15 days with a strained right hamstring, the Orange County Register reports. Angels manager Mike Scioscia already said he’ll start in center field tomorrow.
Still, the plan is for Mike Trout to hang around for now. “There is a probability of overlap,” Scioscia said Friday. While Trout is just 4-for-30 since his callup, the Angels will want to make sure Bourjos is healthy before they send their phenom back down.
In the meantime, Trout will make his 10th big-league start tonight, batting eighth against the Orioles’ Alfredo Simon. While he’s struggled offensively, with just one extra-base hit and eight strikeouts in nine games, the Angels are 6-3 with him in the lineup.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (117)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)