Jul 22, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
At least for a little while longer.
Peter Bourjos got through his workout fine Friday and will come off the DL on Saturday after missing 15 days with a strained right hamstring, the Orange County Register reports. Angels manager Mike Scioscia already said he’ll start in center field tomorrow.
Still, the plan is for Mike Trout to hang around for now. “There is a probability of overlap,” Scioscia said Friday. While Trout is just 4-for-30 since his callup, the Angels will want to make sure Bourjos is healthy before they send their phenom back down.
In the meantime, Trout will make his 10th big-league start tonight, batting eighth against the Orioles’ Alfredo Simon. While he’s struggled offensively, with just one extra-base hit and eight strikeouts in nine games, the Angels are 6-3 with him in the lineup.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)