Jul 22, 2011, 1:25 PM EDT
The Morning Journal — a suburban Cleveland paper I won’t link because their website is rife with popup ads and autoplay videos which are outrageously hostile to readers — reports that Indians’ outfielder Shin-Soo Choo pleaded no-contest to DUI charges and was found guilty yesterday. He won’t serve any jail time, but was fined $775 and had his license suspended for all non-work purposes until November.
Choo, who is currently out until at least early August following an injury to his thumb, was arrested for a DUI on May second, after blowing a reported .201 on the old breathalyzer. In addition to the injury and the drunk driving, he’s had a miserable year at the plate, hitting .244/.333/.353 in 306 plate appearances.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (91)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)