Jul 22, 2011, 1:25 PM EDT
The Morning Journal — a suburban Cleveland paper I won’t link because their website is rife with popup ads and autoplay videos which are outrageously hostile to readers — reports that Indians’ outfielder Shin-Soo Choo pleaded no-contest to DUI charges and was found guilty yesterday. He won’t serve any jail time, but was fined $775 and had his license suspended for all non-work purposes until November.
Choo, who is currently out until at least early August following an injury to his thumb, was arrested for a DUI on May second, after blowing a reported .201 on the old breathalyzer. In addition to the injury and the drunk driving, he’s had a miserable year at the plate, hitting .244/.333/.353 in 306 plate appearances.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)