Jul 22, 2011, 1:25 PM EDT
The Morning Journal — a suburban Cleveland paper I won’t link because their website is rife with popup ads and autoplay videos which are outrageously hostile to readers — reports that Indians’ outfielder Shin-Soo Choo pleaded no-contest to DUI charges and was found guilty yesterday. He won’t serve any jail time, but was fined $775 and had his license suspended for all non-work purposes until November.
Choo, who is currently out until at least early August following an injury to his thumb, was arrested for a DUI on May second, after blowing a reported .201 on the old breathalyzer. In addition to the injury and the drunk driving, he’s had a miserable year at the plate, hitting .244/.333/.353 in 306 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)