Jul 22, 2011, 1:25 PM EDT
The Morning Journal — a suburban Cleveland paper I won’t link because their website is rife with popup ads and autoplay videos which are outrageously hostile to readers — reports that Indians’ outfielder Shin-Soo Choo pleaded no-contest to DUI charges and was found guilty yesterday. He won’t serve any jail time, but was fined $775 and had his license suspended for all non-work purposes until November.
Choo, who is currently out until at least early August following an injury to his thumb, was arrested for a DUI on May second, after blowing a reported .201 on the old breathalyzer. In addition to the injury and the drunk driving, he’s had a miserable year at the plate, hitting .244/.333/.353 in 306 plate appearances.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)