Jul 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a bit ago:
Source: Carlos Beltran trade talks down to five serious teams, which includes BOS, SF, PHI, ATL, TEX. CLE, PIT basically out of conversation.
I wasn’t aware that Cleveland was ever in the conversation. Pittsburgh was an interesting idea, but I think that high is starting to wear off and people are starting to realize that it makes little sense for the Pirates to move a useful prospect for a chance at prolonging the magic.
It was reported yesterday that San Francisco was falling back too, because they’re unwilling to move a prospect. It was reported this morning that Beltran may be reluctant to approve a trade to an AL team, so maybe that hurts Boston.
Looks like a Philly-Atlanta battle, no? My guess is that Philly gets him.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 44
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)