Jul 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a bit ago:
Source: Carlos Beltran trade talks down to five serious teams, which includes BOS, SF, PHI, ATL, TEX. CLE, PIT basically out of conversation.
I wasn’t aware that Cleveland was ever in the conversation. Pittsburgh was an interesting idea, but I think that high is starting to wear off and people are starting to realize that it makes little sense for the Pirates to move a useful prospect for a chance at prolonging the magic.
It was reported yesterday that San Francisco was falling back too, because they’re unwilling to move a prospect. It was reported this morning that Beltran may be reluctant to approve a trade to an AL team, so maybe that hurts Boston.
Looks like a Philly-Atlanta battle, no? My guess is that Philly gets him.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)