Jul 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a bit ago:
Source: Carlos Beltran trade talks down to five serious teams, which includes BOS, SF, PHI, ATL, TEX. CLE, PIT basically out of conversation.
I wasn’t aware that Cleveland was ever in the conversation. Pittsburgh was an interesting idea, but I think that high is starting to wear off and people are starting to realize that it makes little sense for the Pirates to move a useful prospect for a chance at prolonging the magic.
It was reported yesterday that San Francisco was falling back too, because they’re unwilling to move a prospect. It was reported this morning that Beltran may be reluctant to approve a trade to an AL team, so maybe that hurts Boston.
Looks like a Philly-Atlanta battle, no? My guess is that Philly gets him.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)