Jul 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweeted the following a bit ago:
Source: Carlos Beltran trade talks down to five serious teams, which includes BOS, SF, PHI, ATL, TEX. CLE, PIT basically out of conversation.
I wasn’t aware that Cleveland was ever in the conversation. Pittsburgh was an interesting idea, but I think that high is starting to wear off and people are starting to realize that it makes little sense for the Pirates to move a useful prospect for a chance at prolonging the magic.
It was reported yesterday that San Francisco was falling back too, because they’re unwilling to move a prospect. It was reported this morning that Beltran may be reluctant to approve a trade to an AL team, so maybe that hurts Boston.
Looks like a Philly-Atlanta battle, no? My guess is that Philly gets him.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 4
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)