Jul 22, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
I’ll admit it: my hangups about Jeff Francoeur aren’t entirely rational.
OK, you probably knew that already.
But I’m not alone! Fans of every team have a guy they simply can’t be rational about. The guy who sticks in their craw no matter what his case is as a ballplayer on the merits. Just ask any Mets fan to assess Carlos Beltran‘s contributions and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Today, over at the Platoon Advantage, Bill takes a stab at identifying the guy on each team whose fanbase simply can’t deal with him on rational terms.
Good stuff! I’m proud to say that my Francoeur Derangement Syndrome helped inspire it.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 12
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 41
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut