Jul 22, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
I’ll admit it: my hangups about Jeff Francoeur aren’t entirely rational.
OK, you probably knew that already.
But I’m not alone! Fans of every team have a guy they simply can’t be rational about. The guy who sticks in their craw no matter what his case is as a ballplayer on the merits. Just ask any Mets fan to assess Carlos Beltran‘s contributions and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Today, over at the Platoon Advantage, Bill takes a stab at identifying the guy on each team whose fanbase simply can’t deal with him on rational terms.
Good stuff! I’m proud to say that my Francoeur Derangement Syndrome helped inspire it.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)