Jul 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
They probably weren’t the only ones, but if you believe Ken Rosenthal’s report from yesterday, the Rays — while always willing to listen! — are reluctant to trade Shields. They like him, think he’s back on the right track to stay and believe that having him, Price and Hellickson leading the rotation going forward, they’ll always have a chance to contend.
I’d guess that you could bowl them over with a great offer, but the last time the Tigers did that for a starter they gave up John Smoltz.
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 2
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 139
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (139)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)