Jul 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
They probably weren’t the only ones, but if you believe Ken Rosenthal’s report from yesterday, the Rays — while always willing to listen! — are reluctant to trade Shields. They like him, think he’s back on the right track to stay and believe that having him, Price and Hellickson leading the rotation going forward, they’ll always have a chance to contend.
I’d guess that you could bowl them over with a great offer, but the last time the Tigers did that for a starter they gave up John Smoltz.
- Hunter Pence hit in hand by pitch, headed for X-rays 0
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 6
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 135
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 43
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)