Jul 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
They probably weren’t the only ones, but if you believe Ken Rosenthal’s report from yesterday, the Rays — while always willing to listen! — are reluctant to trade Shields. They like him, think he’s back on the right track to stay and believe that having him, Price and Hellickson leading the rotation going forward, they’ll always have a chance to contend.
I’d guess that you could bowl them over with a great offer, but the last time the Tigers did that for a starter they gave up John Smoltz.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)