Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards. Well, sometimes you can live life backwards too:
The Yankees signed 34-year-old Marcus Thames to a minor league contract. Recently released by the Dodgers, Thames will report to Tampa and work out at the minor league complex before being assigned to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
I’d be shocked if Thames had any meaningful at bats for the Yankees, but you never know when one of your outfielders might get hit by a bus, mauled by a bear or taken up into a spaceship by a bunch of rogue grays trying to make human-alien hybrids.
(h/t to River Ave. Blues)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)