Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards. Well, sometimes you can live life backwards too:
The Yankees signed 34-year-old Marcus Thames to a minor league contract. Recently released by the Dodgers, Thames will report to Tampa and work out at the minor league complex before being assigned to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
I’d be shocked if Thames had any meaningful at bats for the Yankees, but you never know when one of your outfielders might get hit by a bus, mauled by a bear or taken up into a spaceship by a bunch of rogue grays trying to make human-alien hybrids.
(h/t to River Ave. Blues)
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)