Jul 23, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
The Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Beltre left last night’s game against the Blue Jays after pulling up lame while running the bases in the fifth inning. He was placed on the DL after an MRI today revealed a Grade 1 strain, according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com.
Beltre, who signed a five-year, $80 million contract with the Rangers over the winter, is batting .276/.318/.505 with 20 home runs, 76 RBI and an .823 OPS through 421 plate appearances. He had made an appearance in every game this season.
Chris Davis has replaced Beltre on the active roster and will start at third base and bat eighth tonight against the Blue Jays. The 25-year-old was batting .368/.405/.824 with 24 homers and 66 RBI over 193 plate appearances with Triple-A Round Rock. He has a .269/.333/.481 batting line to go along with three home runs and four RBI in 57 plate appearances with the Rangers this season.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)