Jul 23, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
The Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Beltre left last night’s game against the Blue Jays after pulling up lame while running the bases in the fifth inning. He was placed on the DL after an MRI today revealed a Grade 1 strain, according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com.
Beltre, who signed a five-year, $80 million contract with the Rangers over the winter, is batting .276/.318/.505 with 20 home runs, 76 RBI and an .823 OPS through 421 plate appearances. He had made an appearance in every game this season.
Chris Davis has replaced Beltre on the active roster and will start at third base and bat eighth tonight against the Blue Jays. The 25-year-old was batting .368/.405/.824 with 24 homers and 66 RBI over 193 plate appearances with Triple-A Round Rock. He has a .269/.333/.481 batting line to go along with three home runs and four RBI in 57 plate appearances with the Rangers this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 52
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 47
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 73
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (93)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (86)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery