Jul 23, 2011, 3:06 PM EST
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Dan Uggla is back in the Braves’ lineup this afternoon against the Reds. He declared himself good to go after testing his left calf by running earlier this afternoon.
Uggla was out of the lineup for the second straight game last night, but he smacked a pinch-hit, two-run homer off right-hander Nick Masset in the top of the ninth to lead the Braves to a 6-4 victory.
Uggla is batting .348 with six homers and 11 RBI during his current career-high 13-game hitting streak. While he’s still batting just .195 on the season, his 18 home runs are second among major-league second basemen. Rickie Weeks is first with 19 homers.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 119
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (124)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)