Jul 23, 2011, 3:06 PM EST
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Dan Uggla is back in the Braves’ lineup this afternoon against the Reds. He declared himself good to go after testing his left calf by running earlier this afternoon.
Uggla was out of the lineup for the second straight game last night, but he smacked a pinch-hit, two-run homer off right-hander Nick Masset in the top of the ninth to lead the Braves to a 6-4 victory.
Uggla is batting .348 with six homers and 11 RBI during his current career-high 13-game hitting streak. While he’s still batting just .195 on the season, his 18 home runs are second among major-league second basemen. Rickie Weeks is first with 19 homers.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 61
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)