Jul 23, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Dan Uggla is back in the Braves’ lineup this afternoon against the Reds. He declared himself good to go after testing his left calf by running earlier this afternoon.
Uggla was out of the lineup for the second straight game last night, but he smacked a pinch-hit, two-run homer off right-hander Nick Masset in the top of the ninth to lead the Braves to a 6-4 victory.
Uggla is batting .348 with six homers and 11 RBI during his current career-high 13-game hitting streak. While he’s still batting just .195 on the season, his 18 home runs are second among major-league second basemen. Rickie Weeks is first with 19 homers.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)