Jul 23, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Derek Jeter passed his former teammate Wade Boggs for 25th on the all-time hit list with a two-run single to right field in the second inning last night against the Athletics.
Jeter, who batted second for the second straight game, went 2-for-3 with three RBI, a walk and a run scored in the 17-7 victory. It was just his second multi-hit game since he reached 3,000 hits two weeks ago.
The 37-year-old shortstop is batting .268/.329/.346 with three homers, 28 RBI and a .674 OPS in 356 plate appearances this season.
Jeter now has 3,012 hits for his career. Next up is Rafael Palmeiro, who is 24th all-time with 3,020 hits.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)