Jul 23, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Derek Jeter passed his former teammate Wade Boggs for 25th on the all-time hit list with a two-run single to right field in the second inning last night against the Athletics.
Jeter, who batted second for the second straight game, went 2-for-3 with three RBI, a walk and a run scored in the 17-7 victory. It was just his second multi-hit game since he reached 3,000 hits two weeks ago.
The 37-year-old shortstop is batting .268/.329/.346 with three homers, 28 RBI and a .674 OPS in 356 plate appearances this season.
Jeter now has 3,012 hits for his career. Next up is Rafael Palmeiro, who is 24th all-time with 3,020 hits.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)