Jul 23, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Derek Jeter passed his former teammate Wade Boggs for 25th on the all-time hit list with a two-run single to right field in the second inning last night against the Athletics.
Jeter, who batted second for the second straight game, went 2-for-3 with three RBI, a walk and a run scored in the 17-7 victory. It was just his second multi-hit game since he reached 3,000 hits two weeks ago.
The 37-year-old shortstop is batting .268/.329/.346 with three homers, 28 RBI and a .674 OPS in 356 plate appearances this season.
Jeter now has 3,012 hits for his career. Next up is Rafael Palmeiro, who is 24th all-time with 3,020 hits.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)