Jul 23, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Desmond has batted just .228/.276/.314 with three home runs in 374 plate appearances this season, but the Nationals feel his numbers will get better down the stretch and still consider him to be a major part of their plans for success in the near future.
The 25-year-old hit .269/.308/.392 with 10 homers, 65 RBI and 17 steals over 154 games as a rookie in 2010. He’s making just $442,000 this season and will remain cost-controlled for several years to come.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)