Jul 23, 2011, 2:07 AM EDT
Tired of getting the business from the Giants fans in center field on Friday night, Nyjer Morgan definitely made some sort of gesture following his catch in the seventh inning. And that gesture, for all of the world, looked like he was flipping the fans the bird.
The pictures, though, suggest otherwise. He certainly had the windup and the delivery down, but either he came to his senses at the last minute or he was just hoping to get a rise out of people by going through the motions and then not actually following through with the one-finger salute.
Either way, he was out of line; whether he truly flipped anyone off or not, the hundreds of people watching him at that moment certainly thought that was his intention.
But that’s as far as I’ll go with it. CSNBayArea.com’s Mychael Urban has a much more in-depth take on the whole sordid affair.
Also, it you want to see it from another angle, FOXSports Wisconsin’s Chris Withers has a picture of the gesture from behind.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)