Jul 23, 2011, 2:07 AM EDT
Tired of getting the business from the Giants fans in center field on Friday night, Nyjer Morgan definitely made some sort of gesture following his catch in the seventh inning. And that gesture, for all of the world, looked like he was flipping the fans the bird.
The pictures, though, suggest otherwise. He certainly had the windup and the delivery down, but either he came to his senses at the last minute or he was just hoping to get a rise out of people by going through the motions and then not actually following through with the one-finger salute.
Either way, he was out of line; whether he truly flipped anyone off or not, the hundreds of people watching him at that moment certainly thought that was his intention.
But that’s as far as I’ll go with it. CSNBayArea.com’s Mychael Urban has a much more in-depth take on the whole sordid affair.
Also, it you want to see it from another angle, FOXSports Wisconsin’s Chris Withers has a picture of the gesture from behind.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)