Jul 23, 2011, 2:07 AM EDT
Tired of getting the business from the Giants fans in center field on Friday night, Nyjer Morgan definitely made some sort of gesture following his catch in the seventh inning. And that gesture, for all of the world, looked like he was flipping the fans the bird.
The pictures, though, suggest otherwise. He certainly had the windup and the delivery down, but either he came to his senses at the last minute or he was just hoping to get a rise out of people by going through the motions and then not actually following through with the one-finger salute.
Either way, he was out of line; whether he truly flipped anyone off or not, the hundreds of people watching him at that moment certainly thought that was his intention.
But that’s as far as I’ll go with it. CSNBayArea.com’s Mychael Urban has a much more in-depth take on the whole sordid affair.
Also, it you want to see it from another angle, FOXSports Wisconsin’s Chris Withers has a picture of the gesture from behind.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)