Jul 23, 2011, 2:07 AM EST
Tired of getting the business from the Giants fans in center field on Friday night, Nyjer Morgan definitely made some sort of gesture following his catch in the seventh inning. And that gesture, for all of the world, looked like he was flipping the fans the bird.
The pictures, though, suggest otherwise. He certainly had the windup and the delivery down, but either he came to his senses at the last minute or he was just hoping to get a rise out of people by going through the motions and then not actually following through with the one-finger salute.
Either way, he was out of line; whether he truly flipped anyone off or not, the hundreds of people watching him at that moment certainly thought that was his intention.
But that’s as far as I’ll go with it. CSNBayArea.com’s Mychael Urban has a much more in-depth take on the whole sordid affair.
Also, it you want to see it from another angle, FOXSports Wisconsin’s Chris Withers has a picture of the gesture from behind.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)