Jul 24, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Cameron Maybin became the first player this year to steal a base in six straight games and set a Padres record in the process Sunday against the Phillies.
Maybin also homered Saturday. He’s gone 13-for-24 during the six-game streak, and he’s hit in 10 straight overall. He’s also scored a run in eight straight games after coming around in the first inning today.
Maybin’s steal streak is the longest this year, overtaking five-game streaks from the Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon and the Yankees’ Brett Gardner. Chone Figgins stole bases in seven games in a row for the Mariners last year. Corey Patterson in 2006 and Carl Crawford in 2009 have the longest streaks since 2000, nine games apiece.
Maybin’s eight-game run scoring streak is tied for the fourth longest of 2011. The Rays’ Ben Zobrist scored in 10 straight games back in May.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)