Jul 24, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Cameron Maybin became the first player this year to steal a base in six straight games and set a Padres record in the process Sunday against the Phillies.
Maybin also homered Saturday. He’s gone 13-for-24 during the six-game streak, and he’s hit in 10 straight overall. He’s also scored a run in eight straight games after coming around in the first inning today.
Maybin’s steal streak is the longest this year, overtaking five-game streaks from the Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon and the Yankees’ Brett Gardner. Chone Figgins stole bases in seven games in a row for the Mariners last year. Corey Patterson in 2006 and Carl Crawford in 2009 have the longest streaks since 2000, nine games apiece.
Maybin’s eight-game run scoring streak is tied for the fourth longest of 2011. The Rays’ Ben Zobrist scored in 10 straight games back in May.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)