Jul 24, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Cameron Maybin became the first player this year to steal a base in six straight games and set a Padres record in the process Sunday against the Phillies.
Maybin also homered Saturday. He’s gone 13-for-24 during the six-game streak, and he’s hit in 10 straight overall. He’s also scored a run in eight straight games after coming around in the first inning today.
Maybin’s steal streak is the longest this year, overtaking five-game streaks from the Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon and the Yankees’ Brett Gardner. Chone Figgins stole bases in seven games in a row for the Mariners last year. Corey Patterson in 2006 and Carl Crawford in 2009 have the longest streaks since 2000, nine games apiece.
Maybin’s eight-game run scoring streak is tied for the fourth longest of 2011. The Rays’ Ben Zobrist scored in 10 straight games back in May.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)