Jul 24, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
Cameron Maybin became the first player this year to steal a base in six straight games and set a Padres record in the process Sunday against the Phillies.
Maybin also homered Saturday. He’s gone 13-for-24 during the six-game streak, and he’s hit in 10 straight overall. He’s also scored a run in eight straight games after coming around in the first inning today.
Maybin’s steal streak is the longest this year, overtaking five-game streaks from the Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon and the Yankees’ Brett Gardner. Chone Figgins stole bases in seven games in a row for the Mariners last year. Corey Patterson in 2006 and Carl Crawford in 2009 have the longest streaks since 2000, nine games apiece.
Maybin’s eight-game run scoring streak is tied for the fourth longest of 2011. The Rays’ Ben Zobrist scored in 10 straight games back in May.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)