Jul 24, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Cameron Maybin became the first player this year to steal a base in six straight games and set a Padres record in the process Sunday against the Phillies.
Maybin also homered Saturday. He’s gone 13-for-24 during the six-game streak, and he’s hit in 10 straight overall. He’s also scored a run in eight straight games after coming around in the first inning today.
Maybin’s steal streak is the longest this year, overtaking five-game streaks from the Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon and the Yankees’ Brett Gardner. Chone Figgins stole bases in seven games in a row for the Mariners last year. Corey Patterson in 2006 and Carl Crawford in 2009 have the longest streaks since 2000, nine games apiece.
Maybin’s eight-game run scoring streak is tied for the fourth longest of 2011. The Rays’ Ben Zobrist scored in 10 straight games back in May.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)