Jul 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks entered Sunday’s action with a healthy 54-47 record, but they’re four games behind the Giants in the National League West and five games back of the Braves in the Wild Card race.
To remain competitive, the D’Backs need to make a high-impact move at this year’s trade deadline. And it appears they might be poised to do just that.
Rodriguez, 32, has registered a decent 3.60 ERA and 1.32 WHIP through 18 starts this season, with 100 strikeouts and only 37 walks in 115 innings. He’s owed $10 million in 2012 and $13 million in 2013.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)