Jul 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
The Diamondbacks entered Sunday’s action with a healthy 54-47 record, but they’re four games behind the Giants in the National League West and five games back of the Braves in the Wild Card race.
To remain competitive, the D’Backs need to make a high-impact move at this year’s trade deadline. And it appears they might be poised to do just that.
Rodriguez, 32, has registered a decent 3.60 ERA and 1.32 WHIP through 18 starts this season, with 100 strikeouts and only 37 walks in 115 innings. He’s owed $10 million in 2012 and $13 million in 2013.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 40
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)