Jul 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks entered Sunday’s action with a healthy 54-47 record, but they’re four games behind the Giants in the National League West and five games back of the Braves in the Wild Card race.
To remain competitive, the D’Backs need to make a high-impact move at this year’s trade deadline. And it appears they might be poised to do just that.
Rodriguez, 32, has registered a decent 3.60 ERA and 1.32 WHIP through 18 starts this season, with 100 strikeouts and only 37 walks in 115 innings. He’s owed $10 million in 2012 and $13 million in 2013.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)