Jul 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks entered Sunday’s action with a healthy 54-47 record, but they’re four games behind the Giants in the National League West and five games back of the Braves in the Wild Card race.
To remain competitive, the D’Backs need to make a high-impact move at this year’s trade deadline. And it appears they might be poised to do just that.
Rodriguez, 32, has registered a decent 3.60 ERA and 1.32 WHIP through 18 starts this season, with 100 strikeouts and only 37 walks in 115 innings. He’s owed $10 million in 2012 and $13 million in 2013.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)