Jul 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks entered Sunday’s action with a healthy 54-47 record, but they’re four games behind the Giants in the National League West and five games back of the Braves in the Wild Card race.
To remain competitive, the D’Backs need to make a high-impact move at this year’s trade deadline. And it appears they might be poised to do just that.
Rodriguez, 32, has registered a decent 3.60 ERA and 1.32 WHIP through 18 starts this season, with 100 strikeouts and only 37 walks in 115 innings. He’s owed $10 million in 2012 and $13 million in 2013.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 12
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims