Jul 24, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
Cozart suffered the elbow injury Saturday in an awkward collision at second base with the Braves’ Nate McLouth. It looked like a fracture at first with the way Cozart reacted, but X-rays were negative.
The 25-year-old Cozart was promoted from Triple-A Louisville earlier this month after registering an .825 OPS and seven home runs in 77 minor league games. He posted a productive .324/.324/.486 batting line and two home runs in 38 plate appearances with big-league Cincinnati.
The struggling Reds will turn back to the unproductive shortstop platoon of Janish and Edgar Renteria as they look to remain relevant in the wide-open National League Central.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)