Jul 24, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
Cozart suffered the elbow injury Saturday in an awkward collision at second base with the Braves’ Nate McLouth. It looked like a fracture at first with the way Cozart reacted, but X-rays were negative.
The 25-year-old Cozart was promoted from Triple-A Louisville earlier this month after registering an .825 OPS and seven home runs in 77 minor league games. He posted a productive .324/.324/.486 batting line and two home runs in 38 plate appearances with big-league Cincinnati.
The struggling Reds will turn back to the unproductive shortstop platoon of Janish and Edgar Renteria as they look to remain relevant in the wide-open National League Central.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 21
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon