Jul 24, 2011, 4:09 PM EST
Cozart suffered the elbow injury Saturday in an awkward collision at second base with the Braves’ Nate McLouth. It looked like a fracture at first with the way Cozart reacted, but X-rays were negative.
The 25-year-old Cozart was promoted from Triple-A Louisville earlier this month after registering an .825 OPS and seven home runs in 77 minor league games. He posted a productive .324/.324/.486 batting line and two home runs in 38 plate appearances with big-league Cincinnati.
The struggling Reds will turn back to the unproductive shortstop platoon of Janish and Edgar Renteria as they look to remain relevant in the wide-open National League Central.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 119
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (122)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)