Jul 24, 2011, 1:43 PM EST
Oswalt has been on the disabled list since the end of June with a bulging disc in his lower back. He threw a successful bullpen session on Friday and told reporters that he felt like he could return to the major leagues after just one minor league rehab outing. Our guess is the first-place Phillies will play it safe and have him make two rehab appearances.
Oswalt, 33, had a 3.79 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 42/18 K/BB ratio this season through 71 1/3 innings (13 starts). He’s going to play a major role for Philadelphia down the stretch and into the postseason.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15