Jul 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
I keep telling myself that one of these years I’m going to go to Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame inductions, but I just never get around to it. Maybe when Maddux goes in I will. I don’t know.
Gillick’s was characterized by a graciousness for what the game has given him. Alomar’s, a humility at the honor and a love and respect for the Blue Jays organization and the fans of Toronto in general. Blyleven covered personal history and, as expected, gave it a light touch with moments of humor. There was no “ich bin ein Berliner” moments, but you tend not to get those in this setting. They were all nice speeches.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)