Jul 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
I keep telling myself that one of these years I’m going to go to Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame inductions, but I just never get around to it. Maybe when Maddux goes in I will. I don’t know.
Gillick’s was characterized by a graciousness for what the game has given him. Alomar’s, a humility at the honor and a love and respect for the Blue Jays organization and the fans of Toronto in general. Blyleven covered personal history and, as expected, gave it a light touch with moments of humor. There was no “ich bin ein Berliner” moments, but you tend not to get those in this setting. They were all nice speeches.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)