Jul 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
I keep telling myself that one of these years I’m going to go to Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame inductions, but I just never get around to it. Maybe when Maddux goes in I will. I don’t know.
Gillick’s was characterized by a graciousness for what the game has given him. Alomar’s, a humility at the honor and a love and respect for the Blue Jays organization and the fans of Toronto in general. Blyleven covered personal history and, as expected, gave it a light touch with moments of humor. There was no “ich bin ein Berliner” moments, but you tend not to get those in this setting. They were all nice speeches.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 36
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 99
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 72
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 72
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)